GREENMECH ARB150T stopping

Kevinz

Hi, I'm new here and need some help. Have a wood chipper that stops when it encounters some resistance. I get a message when it stops, the message is EVERYTHING it seems. could it be the alternator? Can anyone help here? I am attaching a picture and a video. thanks for the help.

IMG_1087.jpeg

Edited by Kevinz

Hello Kevinz , 

Alt can be a fuel fault or charging fault.

It sounds like it stalls fairly instantly so more like electrical.

I would suggest checking all plugs to see that their pins look clean ?

Have you removed and refitted the alternator plug to check the connection and is the fan belt tight ? Check the multi earth is clean and tight ? This is mounted on one of the engine mounting bolts ?

It could be a dodgy ignition switch  , you can simply link the wires for testing but  MAKE SURE NEITHER OF THE TWO WIRES CAN GO TO EARTH DURING TESTING AS THIS CAN BLOW THE CIRCUIT BOARD. 

Also and quite likely to be at fault is the fuse box , mounted up near the air cleaner or down by the fuel filter depending on which engine is fitted  , this has the facility for four fuses but only two are used. Carefully check the fuses and their connections and if there's any doubt I would advise moving the fuses and corresponding wiring to the unused fuse locations

The 20 amp fuse is the one in the fuel circuit and the 40 amp is the power to the RDS.

• Like 1