Area TPO

ukminch

Don't worry I'll definitely have whatever I need in writing, nearly got stung years ago - never again.

As i've got to put an application in anyway I'm just going to put everything on it. If necessary then I can argue about it afterwards. Just seemed a bit strange. All the times I've dealt with area TPO's in different counties they at least have a list of all the trees that should be there, these apparently haven't at all.

Cheers for the advice anyway.

Rob

Best plan. You won't necessarily get to find out what's covered (the LPA may simply consent to all works) but you'll definatley know what consent you have. Also if you disagree with the decision, you can appeal it (although I guess it might not be in the inspector remit to judge the extent of the order - i'd have to check).

1app is too complicated and take too long for a general tree app. eveidence for this, 2 maps for that blah blah blah.

The Portal is a bit too complicated I'll agree but the form is simple enough for 90% of joe public - it should be a breeze for a profession tree worker. but 2 maps? What are you applying for?

Why do they now require all this additional info when before it was fine with a small discription and a drawn map.

You need all the info because of the amended appeals procedure - you can't add anything after the application. Therefore you need to include it in the app.

If you thik you have provided sufficient info to determine the application and the LPA disagrees, you can wait the 8 weeks out and appeal for non-determination...

Maybe for a house extention or something like that all the additional info is required but taking a branch off a tree c'mon.

But it isn't a just a tree - its a Protected tree. Rightly or wrongly, it has a special status. Hence the paperwork. Maybe the branch shouldn't come off! :D

All it does is put the general public off getting the right permission IMO

I don't think it does. IME most people deal with it without any hassle. Over an average 6 month period with approx 150 S211 notifications/TPO apps I think I sent about 25 invalid apps back, at least 10 of those went back to contractors. Some of those even went back to the same contractors, a few times.

They dont have too.......:001_huh:

I'd disagree with that. In court they need to prove you have done something wrong beyond reasonable doubt. If I was dodgy I could go and do whatever I wanted and I reckon the chances of being convicted are about 1 percent or less. As I'm not I will be doing it properly but I can see why people just get on with it as the system - which needs to be there is wide open to abuse. Especially in this case.

To all others you've confirmed what I've thought application in, get result and work from there.

R

I'd disagree with that. In court they need to prove you have done something wrong beyond reasonable doubt. If I was dodgy I could go and do whatever I wanted and I reckon the chances of being convicted are about 1 percent or less. As I'm not I will be doing it properly but I can see why people just get on with it as the system - which needs to be there is wide open to abuse. Especially in this case.

To all others you've confirmed what I've thought application in, get result and work from there.

R

I fought the law and the law won,

I fought the law and the law won...

:001_rolleyes: