Broken Clavicle (Collarbone) ?

ShaunMac

Hello everyone.....

I wondered if anyone can tell thier experiences of this injury and timescales of getting back to work?

I broke mine at the end of November (playing 5 a side):thumbdown:

it required surgey and ive got a metal plate and two screws now.

Ive been told by the Doctor not to work untill Feb at least but as you all know shoulder movements are essential in this job and i fear it could be longer.

Ta

I fractured clavical when playing rugby. I still havent got full movement back 6 years later. I was in a sling for 4 months but i did try and rush my recovery...now i wish i hadnt. be patient and get some physio as soon as the pain will allow this proved invavuble to me and i still get treatmeanet every few months to keep my shoulder supple.

I broke my collarbone 3 years ago, it snapped in half, no surgery but it took 12 weeks from the break till i was able to work again, that was long enough for the break to heal but it took a few weeks to build up the lost muscles, i don't even notice it now, apart from the big bump!

i snapped mine clean in half but didnt have it pinned. id previously dislocated the ac joint on the same shoulder and had been having a lot of trouble with it but breaking my collarbone seemed to relieve the pressure and it felt better for a while.

i was back at work after 8 weeks but over a year on it still feels noticeably weaker and my climbing has changed to cope with it. some days it is fine and others i get a lot of pain and aching.

i reccomend going for any physio they offer and dont rush to get back to work, it'll be better in the long run! also,really hot showers help a lot!

hope you recover soon and well!

had all mine pinned and re-anchored in the socket after smashing the whole thing to bits good and propper with a snappled collar bone and my ball and socket joint was shattered out the side of my arm, had the op on the 15th of december and should be back at work by another 8 weeks they rekon!