Sugihara bar

Whiplash1

hmm weird , dont think the sugihara website will change the numbers for different countries , that will be a real ball ache , is the part number clearly from the etch on the bar ,i would assume that from you  or just on  its package , that number just does not show up anywhere 

ok looked on their site and its the same spec  as mine but just longer bar on their listing  so if its the correct bar than it should be fine , mine is .325 0.50 and run 95 txl on them 

On their site , all bars with the first section VH2U is  3/8 pitch 0.58 gauge  on the description  so something weird there , this bar on top right  on the photo is the same spec as yours apparently but totally different number but middle section is 0J45 which is 450mm (18 inch)  it even says the 95txl chain is designed to be used on that bar , hence the reason i used them

can you post a photo of that bar and the part number stamped on it ?

Sugihara-Catalogue-AGL (dragged) 1.jpg

Edited by huskywilson

no its no chinese knockoff  lol , the numbers on the bar are slightly different tho , bar says YH2U OJ45 DT 7J package says  VH2U OJ45 HV  so thats strange , , it might be old stock, sugihara has been on the go since 1957 , but i dont think its that old lol , only thing is to try different chains in it , 058 or 050  . if its 050 it will be sloppy rocking bar and forth  if that bar is 058  gauge  if you have 058 chain it might be real tight to fit in there if its a 050 gauge

scabbard says its 325 050 18 inch  if you have a 3/8 chain it wont fit the sprocket of the roller nose on the bar , it will be sticking proud on the nose and if you turn it , it will jump out or lock up 

what was you original query about it , what exact chain did you run in it  looks like a full chisel  lpx or lgx

on the pic , , i know you mentioned trying  95txl but you dont have that i presume ?

Edited by huskywilson

yeah i know , if you are running a 0.50 rock it back and forth if its wobbly is might be 0.58 bar as the first numbers section only lists 0.58 bars on the site which is the numbers on your bar , hey ho , maybe they showed it to a customer or was on a shelf  and put in the wrong  package ,  if you have the oregon bar gauge try it or if not ,you have  feeler gauges ? slot it in and use 3 or whichever  of them to  050 or 058  till its tight  or a digital vernier caliper to measure the rail gap , ive done it on different bars to see the gap or wear 

the 95txl is lovely chain so smooth and handy for maybe dirty stuff as the cutting edge is longer lasting if you touch a sandy bit , full chisel is  faster when perfect filed   but has a risk of dulling  instantly on the tip , if something is touched   95txl has  oiling grooves on the drivers and lot less drag on the narrow kerf on small saws  , i have all kinds of chains but on 50cc saws i use the semi chisel mainly and mostly the 95 txl , as i have a couple of other brands semi chisel too as back up 

Edited by huskywilson