Tp 160 tracked

Paul Mullany

Alright Carl mate. Long time no see. How Is Poppy and the family?

Problem with a tip truck is I cant afford an hgv yet (although Im doing my licence, I wish Id done it when i was still in Ireland) and  if you eat too much breakfast, a 3.5 ton tipper is already overloaded as soon as you get in the door.

The Jenson you mention is 1200kg, so would probably just about go on the back.

As far as the load height goes I would intend on unloading it every time I got to site. I only see this as a small compromise given the extra weight i could legally carry and the other advantages a tracked chipper brings over a road tow. Another advantage I see with the set up Im looking at is I would always go out with weight over the back wheels as apposed to only having weight in the back once I had got some chip in. For six months of the year hear in Sweden there is a risk I would not get off my drive if my flatbed was empty. 

It may be that I find that I am better off waiting until I can get a hgv but Im currently researching my options and only considered this one when I saw the TP 160 was quite light.  

Good to here from you and thanks for your thoughts.

Give the boys a crack if ye see them.

Paul

Edited by Paul Mullany
Spelling

I believe the greenmech quadtrak is even lighter  than the tp but looks to have quite a short track length for loading up steep ramps i think if you are buying a van a beaver tail would be preferable to start with as i always find the breakover point on tracked machines the worst part about loading them