Sit on Countax not working after running over material!

mrlawnmoawer

So I was cutting the lawn earlier this week and a large piece of cloth material got caught on the wheel of the cutting deck then got caught in the blades. I instantly switched the engine off before it could get caught too much but some white smelly smoke came out still. I don't know if this was a smell of rubber burning or the motor.

Since this incident, whenever I switch the engine on it runs fine, but as soon as you engage the blades the engine then cuts off after 20 seconds or so. The cutting deck seems to be shaking/vibrating quite a bit more than usual but all of the blades do spin.

Another problem is that the cutting level is constantly at 0 and I can't raise or lower the deck anymore. What have I likely done to the mower? How can I fix? Cheers.

The mrs usually does this, prob got a load of cloth wrapped around the pulleys, just knock the deck off and unwind it, you may need some new belts, it shakes usually coz a pulley is stuck, you can buy a more powerful tractor but the damage gets more and harder to sort out, have managed to explain that it's best to disengage the blades before driving over the gravel drive, had to replace seven windows all with bullet holes, was considering borosilicate glass, but much easier to do it myself, cannot knock her for getting stuck in tho

The mrs usually does this, prob got a load of cloth wrapped around the pulleys, just knock the deck off and unwind it, you may need some new belts, it shakes usually coz a pulley is stuck, you can buy a more powerful tractor but the damage gets more and harder to sort out, have managed to explain that it's best to disengage the blades before driving over the gravel drive, had to replace seven windows all with bullet holes, was considering borosilicate glass, but much easier to do it myself, cannot knock her for getting stuck in tho

thanks and lol! wish I could blame the Mrs :lol:

Once you have dropped the deck off take off the black belt cover secured with 3-4 self tapping screws. Prob find the cutter belt broken, there are two types, one for normal deck and one for mulching deck and also depending on the deck size,about £55. It goes round 6 pulleys in a strange way so have a look in the handbook or on Ytube to see the right direction.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Arbtalk mobile app

have taken a look at it, had a load of old grass and crap underneath but apart from that can't find any material and the belts look fine. another problem i've noticed is that the cutting deck is just on 0 and i can't raise or lower it. i'll take it off and put it back on to see if that helps.