Bluebell Wood Hospice, Sheffield. -Enchanted Garden-

Tinker

Hi folks,

I hope you can help me with the following. I was speaking to Sandra Hind the Volunteer co-ordinator, for the Bluebell Wood Hospice at North Anston (Our History Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice) in Sheffield today, about plans the hospice have to further develop the external areas to enhance what people experience when they attend the hospice. This includes everyone young and old. Resident or family member.

A number of trees have been planted and a local nursery has donated thousands of spring bulbs including bluebells in the new wooded area. Some other new ideas however require raw materials and here comes the scrounging bit...

1. Stumps, with roots intact that can be made into heads, the roots being the hair.

2. 2' Lengths of trunk, that can be partially hollowed, and have a door fitted to create a hobbit like house.

3. 4' to 8' lengths of branch wood for den building, so long stubs to form a 'V' to hang other branches on are needed.

4. Suitable sized sections of trunk that can be carved into animals and other figures, and a wood carver willing to work for heaps of praise, to go with them:001_smile:

You are not expected to do the craft bit unless you want to!

I don't expect folks in Lands End or John O' Groats to respond, but if you are working in the Sheffield, Rotherham, Worksop areas and you have suitable material you can drop off, or let me know and I can collect from your work site. Please let me know.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Although I have a small van and the hospice also have a van that can make collections, Stumps with roots intact will not be able to be collected.

Many thanks in anticipation to you, on behalf of all the people needing this vital resource.

Regards

Chris, aka Tinker

Quick update...

2. 2' Lengths of trunk, that can be partially hollowed, and have a door fitted to create a hobbit like house.

These sections need to be 2' in diameter, which is going to make them pretty unmanageable. All I can ask is bring what you have and we'll make the most of it.

Many thanks again in advance of all and any help.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Tinker
Update on diameter of logs