Hakki 1X42 Greenspeed issue

Tom87

I run a hakki 1X42 greenspeed on three phase, great machine with no serious issues for the last 3 years. However, this morning I began processing after giving it the usual 5 minutes to warm up the fluid. When cutting the timber as anyone reading this that have ran this machine or similar would know, when you return the cutting bar it automatically activates the splitting ram. Well this failed and has not worked since. Yesterday evening when I packed up for the day everything worked fine which is why I find it slightly bizarre.

Once the activation of the ram packed up I tried to work out what was going on and during that process which meant repeating the manual foot lever activation to try and diagnose the issue another problem developed and now the ram has dramatically lost splitting power, yet on return its as smooth as ever.

I spoke to a guy at the APF the year before last, he was running a similar machine saying there is a valve that needs tweaking but that's all he mentioned. So before I start taking the machine apart or meddling with it has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone possibly diagnose the issue through experience?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Edited by Tom87

Hello Tom,

I used to run a 1X42 Greenspeed. By the sounds of things you have two issues. If I could start with the second: the ram activates with the foot pedal, but with little power or speed, and then returns as usual. If you open the main cover at the back where you can access the three phase motor and all the hydraulics, fairly high up there is a gold/brass coloured block which is the two speed valve. In that block there is a small non return valve screwed into one of the galleries. It has six small holes drilled in it and looks like a pepper pot. Ring M. Large (028 9034 2838), ask for Alan and ask about the pepper pot. He will put you right straight away. It is a common problem and can be fixed for less than £10.00.

While you're with him, ask him about the other issue. I had the same problem, spoke to Alan and he put the part in the post and all was fine. ( After fitting, clearly.) The 1X42 Greenspeed is going back a bit so I am a bit fuzzy about what the problem was. I think it was just a valve on the end of the same block, afore mentioned, with a horseshoe type fitting going into a ball. Either way both problems are very minor, relatively cheap and simple to fix, although incredibly frustrating!

I hope this helps.

Ed

Ed, I can't thank you enough. I'll get straight on it tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it will be simple repair like you mention and won't involve taking the machine to peices. I'll let you know the update too

Once again thanks for your help!

Tom