Native industries ltd is a collaboration between Roland Heming and William Yeates.
Rol Has been in Arboriculture for the past 26 years with work ranging from; Tree work for His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, Red bull UK , Husqvarna and later Lister Wilder at the Arb show and APF and a recreational Tree climbing Company which appeared on ITV’s adventures guide to Britain. He currently Runs Roland Heming Forest & Arb limited, a Training centre based in north Dorset offering both lantra and NPTC Training and assessment.
Will’s Background started in procurement for a cutting edge adventure sports Company whose products ranged from flying cars to Jet surfboards, traveling around the globe meeting manufacturers gave him a great understanding of product design and materials. Will had always enjoyed the outdoors and set up his own business in landscaping, a chance meeting with Rol in early 2019 led to the setting up of Native industries ltd.
The Native brand was born out of the need for a Personal bleed kit which actually met HSE compliance, was durable enough for the industry and affordable; as we say at Native, “First aid shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg”. Another key aspect was the suitably for climbing and ensuring the kit didn’t suffer any water a during the worst of the winter months.
In 2020 we launched our first product the Native Personal Bleed Kit. It’s been a great success and has been taken on by large organisations and individuals alike. It comes in two colour choices our signature Vibrant Blue to really stand out or a more subtle Black and yellow combo, it’s compliant with HSE standards and all contents are CE approved.
The Personal Kit did so well in the first year that we decided to expand our product range to include;
- Native Squad kit that not only backed up the Catastrophic bleed element but also provided other +F items such as a S.A.M. mouldable splint, tick removers and a fully BS8599 compliant First aid at work kit. The idea being you only need the one Kit to meet regulations at work and have the critical back up for your Forestry and Arb operatives- who of course are already carrying their personal bleed kits.
- Native Pro Rigging bag, when we designed this bag we were looking for a super simplistic design with durable materials and a suitable volume to hold a complete rigging kit. The idea being that it was easy to access, with loads of attachments for gear & biners and space to store everything you need for a take down in one bag. Lids have often got in the way and made loading rope awkward, so the removable stretch lid is there only if needed in rain or if to avoid filing with chip or sawdust.
- Native Twin Rope Bag, The twin rope bag was designed specifically for the inevitable adoption of two rope working; which now needs to be adhered to under the Working at height regulations. A large storage space is partitioned for two separate working ropes, with exiting for two main lines and large side pockets offer storage for your friction devices of choice. Giving you a truly independent two rope system all from one bag. This bag is at home in Arboriculture, caving and Rope access work. Its stretch lid designed to be mostly out of the way when not needed but there to keep things clean and dry when it was. You can even store your complete climbing kit, harness, flip line etc, on top of two 50m+ lines!
- Native 100 Litre Holdall: A super simple large capacity heavy duty kit bag that can carry a complete climbers kit with ease or pretty much anything else you want. With built in storage, throw cube and Silky holder in the lid for rapid access.
- Native throw Cube and Weights, Tough collapsible throw cube with internal attachment points and pockets. Weights in 300g and 500g chosen as these are the two weights we use most frequently. The heavier 500g weight being perfect for those big accents where getting the bag back to the ground can be challenging.
- We also have a great range of Native leisure wear available on our website. www.nativearb.co.uk
At Native, as responsible manufacturers we think we should be supporting those in our industry who need it most, that is why we offer a 15% discount to all students who are undertaking an arboriculture course through a college, if you want to access this for your institution get in touch with us!
We also work with select Lantra/NPTC trainers across the UK, so if your interested in Native Products get in touch!