Minehead AWDC racing

Thanks for the message but like you said your not an arborist and i am and i have been working in this industry since leaving school in 96, So with the greatest respect may be you dont know what your talking about or maybe you were in another part of the woods. As for pics could not work out how to put them on the forum as i am rubbish with a computer as arb is more my thing. Can give a guided tour upon request if you are implying that may be i am confused.

It's clearly myself that is confused, but you have chosen to tell me how much better you are in all matters arboricultural than I am rather than answer my questions, which I would have thought would prove very simple for a 13 year veteran. In fact you would rather take a day out to trespass round the estate with me than answer those basic questions! I am a very pretty man, maybe there are other motives at work here as after all the woods in question are quiet and secluded :scared1:

I have given nothing in the way of opinion so reminding me, since I in fact pointed it out first, that I don't know what I am talking about seems a little bit redundant! In fact your entire post is very defensive in tone, which, if my background in psychology can be relied on, implies that you have something to hide. You somewhat classically said with the greatest respect which is almost always a term used by people who mean the opposite! It is an aggressive sentence on the whole - this is odd because I have accused you of nothing, but have simply highlighted a few differences between your recent view of the estate and my view from much earlier in the year and wondered what has happened. The rational person answers the questions, the irrational person raises more, I was once told......

So the mystery only deepens! I would go for another look, but it is a bit of a trek and I clearly wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway :ohmy:

I do hope that we are talking about the same patch of woods though, what an embarrassment otherwise! The Headon plantation seems to be the host for many of these events though.

• 2 weeks later...
It's clearly myself that is confused, but you have chosen to tell me how much better you are in all matters arboricultural than I am rather than answer my questions, which I would have thought would prove very simple for a 13 year veteran. In fact you would rather take a day out to trespass round the estate with me than answer those basic questions! I am a very pretty man, maybe there are other motives at work here as after all the woods in question are quiet and secluded :scared1:

I have given nothing in the way of opinion so reminding me, since I in fact pointed it out first, that I don't know what I am talking about seems a little bit redundant! In fact your entire post is very defensive in tone, which, if my background in psychology can be relied on, implies that you have something to hide. You somewhat classically said with the greatest respect which is almost always a term used by people who mean the opposite! It is an aggressive sentence on the whole - this is odd because I have accused you of nothing, but have simply highlighted a few differences between your recent view of the estate and my view from much earlier in the year and wondered what has happened. The rational person answers the questions, the irrational person raises more, I was once told......

So the mystery only deepens! I would go for another look, but it is a bit of a trek and I clearly wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway :ohmy:

I do hope that we are talking about the same patch of woods though, what an embarrassment otherwise! The Headon plantation seems to be the host for many of these events though.

Ha Ha Ha Phychology:001_tongue:

Maybe it is you that did the work, i think that it is possible I have touched a nerve or insulted you somehow. But like you quoted "I clearly wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway'' there's your answer to your whole issue.

I think you need to calm down and chill out!

Regards

Edited by highclimber&timberfallers

Don't really know how this thread is panning out but thought i'd let you know started tidying up the ancient oak (dont know if you remember highclimbers) but have cleared up the previous cuts and tidied up a few limbs, be interested in your opinion as i have decided to leave the lower two branches as although they are large they seem safe and healthy also i have decided to leave the upper crown although there is damage but had a look and the tree seems to be healthy and regenerating itself. also i have i tidied up the surrounding areas and found a couple of stumps left a little high but couldn't comment on the cuts. any advice from anyone is appreciated as ancient oak preservation is not my speciality.

Well well, accusations but still no answers. Can't say you are not doing everything by the book HighClimber, a job in politics awaits. I will remind you of the very basic (I assume) questions I asked you, which you have ignored in favour of consistently telling me I know nothing as if I am competing with you!

As for felling cuts being high with no hinges I am not an arborist so am not sure about the terms or techniques here, but the patch that did appear to be worked on appeared to have been thinned with all the stumps taken down to near ground level. Is it normal to do a hinge cut and then leave the stump as it is? Or have I just got the wrong idea here? Also what is too high?

If you can't put photos on the website then fair enough, but it seems weird to me that you go to such lengths to ignore these questions. You haven't touched a nerve or insulted me somehow, but you have disappointed me as this forum is great as a learning tool and for satisfying curiosity and I am hitting a brick wall here.