Toughest strimmer line?

bggc

I hadn't considered it's reduced 'throwing ability'.

Perhaps I should experiment. It would be easy enough to run small in an FS-70 and force the lads to use that rather than the big strimmers around windows.

Yes definitely give it a go, I felt using a FS100 to edge was like using an axe to sharpen a pencil!

Plus, another reason for turning to a light line was that we spent far too long using edging shears, hitting small stones and forever sharpening them drove me mad. Also, as the years wore on and we needed to put our prices up I found it awkward to do this during a recession as loads of 'gardeners' sprung up, therefore I had to think of a way of speeding the jobs up to be able to keep the price the same but squeeze another one into the day, hence the idea of edging with a strimmer that otherwise just sat in the lock up.

Not that I'm saying it's some brilliant idea of mine it's just that after a broken window I always steered clear of strimmers by glass.

+1 have to agree i use 3mm in my honda and i go againts frnce panels headstones and etc its the throttle jocky i can strim againts headstones and can cut grass down short not leaving a mark on the stones or panels. just do not use full power. so using thinner stuff go with thicker line and ease up on the throttle. find you will use less line and still do a good job as quick.

Yes I agree there, it's like horses for courses I find, light use of the throttle on the larger strimmers does do the job in most cases, but the lighter FS 50 definitely has a place for me now in our armory.