Changing career to Arboriculture

Thank you for all your replies, they really have been very helpful and encouraging! Unfortunately I don't think I can currently afford to do the intensive nine week course, especially as I'd probably have to do it at least semi-residentially because it's a bit too far for me to commute every day. So instead, the best option seems to be to get CS30 and 31 and maybe the first aid qualification as suggested above, then look for work locally to build experience before getting any other useful NPTC certs. When I've established myself a little more I can then think about taking theory qualifications in some form.

Quick question about CS30 and 31 though- seeing as Warwickshire College hasn't exactly been given the thumbs up, has anyone any experience of Bridgwater/Cannington College, in Somerset? My parents live close by so that'd be the other most convenient place to do it. If that's no good either though I'll just have to suck it up and commute/get a B&B for a decent, recommended instructor somewhere else :001_smile: