Using The Arbtalk Tip Site Directory
If you have got this far you have already accepted Arbtalk's terms and conditions for the use of this free service(these can be found at the bottom of this page). The additional information here goes into more detail as to what is expected by either you the Arborist, or the homeowner in regards to the delivery and acceptance of any waste wood chips or timber.
Arbtalk's sole role in any transfer of wood chip or timber through this website is in the listing of information provided by tip site owners and presenting it to Arborists throughout the UK. Beyond that, any transactions are between the arborist and prospective recipient of any materials. It is therefore your responsibility to liaise as to the suitability of the materials you are delivering or accepting, the delivery time and date, access, or any financial settlement deemed appropriate by either party. To reiterate, It is the responsibility of each party to ensure both understand the details of the delivery, including quantity, quality and type of waste.
FREE WOOD CHIPS AND LOGS....WHAT'S THE CATCH?
There is none! Arbtalk has a member base of over 30,000 users many of whom operate tree surgery and forestry businesses throughout the UK. Whilst most of these companies will have regular sites to tip their arisings, from time to time they may be working outside of their usual area and simply need to offload their vehicles mid way through the day. Having a tip site in the local area saves them time and money, as well as cutting down on their carbon footprint.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE?
The quality of a load of wood chippings will vary according to a number of factors, include: wood chipper type, sharpness of blades, and material being chipped. They will also include a varying quantity of leafy material depending on the variety of tree being chipped, and the time of year. It is the responsibility of both the tree surgeon and the tip site to make sure this is discussed prior to arranging a delivery.
This can come in all shapes and sizes, but ultimately is tree surgery waste. You will need access to suitable tools(chainsaw and axe) to process this into firewood. Some companies may have access to timber lorries, meaning some timber could be in large stems rather than lumps able to be lifted by hand. It is the responsibility of both parties to understand exactly what the load contains prior to arranging a delivery.
HOW BIG IS A LOAD?
Typically most tree surgery companies drive 3.5t vehicles. You should expect a load to be approximately 5-6 cubic meters. Please discuss any access or concerns of space you may havet prior to arranging a delivery.
CAN I CHOOSE TO PAY FOR WOOD CHIPS AND WASTE TIMBER?
Of course. We have provided the facility for you to offer a paying tip site or a free tip site. In some areas we have more sites available for tree surgeons to tip their waste than others. Offering a set price per cubic meter, or a nominal fee per load will ensure you are picked first by any arborists using the wood chip tip site directory.
For this service to work it is necessary to input and store your address in our system when creating your listing. This is used for the map location only and is never given out to any user unless you choose to publicly put your address in the tip site description section. If you wish to move your map location to somewhere in the nearby vicinity but not directly on your property, you can do this at any time by logging in and editing your listing.
If you choose to add an email to your listing, this will be masked from the public, with all emails being sent through Arbtalk's server rather than directly to your address. The only viewable contact information that will be shown if you choose to add it is your telephone number, although this will only be available to registered members of Arbtalk.co.uk. We advise adding your telephone number to ensure the best chance of receiving a delivery of wood chip or timber.
Your listing can be removed at any time by logging in and deleting it, or contacting Arbtalk directly to request its removal.
1. The extent of Arbtalk Media Ltd.'s liability under or in connection with your use of it (regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract or in any other way and whether or not caused by negligence or misrepresentation) shall be as follows:
- Arbtalk shall have no liability in respect of any contracts concluded between users for the supply of any materials;
- Arbtalk Media Ltd. shall not be liable for consequential, indirect or special losses;
- Arbtalk Media Ltd. shall not be liable for any damage to property, loss of profit, loss of use, loss of contract, loss of opportunity, or harm to reputation or loss of goodwill;
2. You shall indemnify Arbtalk Media Ltd. from and against any losses, damages, liability, costs and expenses (including reasonable professional fees) incurred by it as a result of or in connection with any action, demand or claim from any third party to whom you have supplied materials to or received materials from;
4. You acknowledge that it is the responsibility of you, the user of this site, to ensure you meet any legislation regarding the transfer of waste materials.