Sawdust on parked cars

hesslemount

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it's best to do as they say. WITHIN REASON. Quick wash and go imo as a gesture of good will, never put a cover on a car as that may cause problems with alleged "damage" etc. Shame that this world has become such a place with a need for constant arse covering.

We have had it in the past, we were working contracting in Manchester, cones put out the night before so we could crown lift a large beech, one tosser with an a6 and the park and ride....

Sawdust, alleged damage. Chips away quotes etc etc

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

I would be very interested to hear where you stand legally. Although i have never had a problem, it has been a concern that i might. good luck hes.

Some foreigners that were spraying the outside of a house covered about twenty cars parked downwind with Sandtex overspray. The words "no speak fuggeddy english" seemed to relieve them of all responsibility. It may work for sawdust too:001_smile:

Bob

Has anyone had problems with members of the public regarding sawdust on parked cars? Here's the background.

Large job clearing black poplar and London plane overhangs going over both sides of B road. All homeowners on 150-M stretch were informed via leaflets 3-days prior and all doors knocked on that day. 1 van was in the way and the only problem was sawdust on the vehicle with no damage. Efforts made to blow it off with Stihl Magnum blower but it was raining.

Lady wants me to pay for professional detailing. I offered £20 to valet as a gesture of goodwill. Lady stated to me and another party no damage was done to vehicle. It was parked in the way 4 doors from the property being visited but no one home.

Legally where do I stand. I realise it's easy washed of etc but given the circumstances how do I stand legally also given potential slanderous remarks on Facebook that I have not responded to for legal reasons.

Has anyone else had this problem and I need to know my legal status. I will keep you posted on the outcome In the interests of you having this problem in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Don't lose sleep over it and today's news will be Tomorrow's History , you have issued leaflets planning your work and offered to Wash car. She will not get passed admin in the Courts reception and will be thrown out .

Has to FB the folk that know you will know you better in Your area but don't be tempted by bait on FB has it will end up a slanging match

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

I've had it a few times back in the U.K. Once in London I was 50ft up a poplar ringing it down and a woman (or "female party" as my old boss used to call women he didn't like)

Berated me for getting dust on her car a full 40mtres away, (it was windy) I just swallowed it.

Then a few years later we were having a load of fires in Midhurst on a council job and someone kicked up about ash on their car. They guy whose job it was just got a hose and washed it off there and then.

If it's any consolation these Facebook moaners carry no weight with me on any level.

I assume they're just wastes of space anyway and the "likers" just mumsnet sorts.

Unless your legal advise is being provided pro-bono your surely out more than 20 pounds.

Seriously if anything else comes from this person attempting to take advantage of your kindness, you may need to reconsider your policy regarding this matter or take a look in the mirror before you go out to work and wonder who will take advantage of me today before venturing out.

easy-lift guy