Thinking of a zigzag

karl1991

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but my hitch climber does all that. Does it self tend well?

Like a Spiderjack?

I run a zigzag on tachyon 11.7mm and it self tends very well once you've got too a certain height when the weight of the rope will pull it through.I find it better than a Hc setup,no faffing with hitches and no sit back either.Its really smooth combined with pulley saver etc

Yeah but my hitch climber does all that. Does it self tend well?

Like a Spiderjack?

No it doesn't self tend like a spiderjack and IMO it doesn't self tend all that well as you need need to be about 20ft up until there is enough rope through it to self tend smoothly and well.

I think the ZZ is flawed in that sense and I hated it in that set up however after playing around I have it set up now where I love it.

I have a tree motion so I have a crab from bridge with a 20cm strap (2.5ton rated) to crab ZZ so I handle my rope from underneath the ZZ so on ascent I pull my rope underneath and through the ZZ so I'm tending my rope as I go so to speak, it's amazing, also on descent the ZZ seems to be in a perfect position to handle and control for me.

In that set up I love it. I mentioned my harness as a guide for bridge length as if you have a shorter bridge you'll want a bigger strap.

In that set up I would recommend one to anyone!!

Hope this helps you Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

No it doesn't self tend like a spiderjack and IMO it doesn't self tend all that well as you need need to be about 20ft up until there is enough rope through it to self tend smoothly and well.

I think the ZZ is flawed in that sense and I hated it in that set up however after playing around I have it set up now where I love it.

I have a tree motion so I have a crab from bridge with a 20cm strap (2.5ton rated) to crab ZZ so I handle my rope from underneath the ZZ so on ascent I pull my rope underneath and through the ZZ so I'm tending my rope as I go so to speak, it's amazing, also on descent the ZZ seems to be in a perfect position to handle and control for me.

In that set up I love it. I mentioned my harness as a guide for bridge length as if you have a shorter bridge you'll want a bigger strap.

In that set up I would recommend one to anyone!!

Hope this helps you Joe.

Good idea with the strap from the bridge to the zigzag,ive used that for small ascents so your pulling under and through the zigzag rather than thrusting and tending slack.

Gonna give that a bash tomorrow

Nice one :001_smile:

Good idea with the strap from the bridge to the zigzag,ive used that for small ascents so your pulling under and through the zigzag rather than thrusting and tending slack.

Gonna give that a bash tomorrow

Nice one :001_smile:

No probs for me in that set up that's when my ZZ is it's most efficient.

It does self tend from about 15 ft on some ropes and as we have found on Marlow Venom about 6 ft, brilliant piece of kit IMO, but as always with expensive gear if you can try before you buy, not everything is for everyone :)

Would that make the Marlow the best contender for Silky's bluetongue 😮. (Don't try and convince him) 😉

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app