13hp chippers

Fozzie

We started with an 18hp CS100 and it was a good machine for us until we upgraded to a 6" diesel.

I get cold shivers and sweats looking back at some jobs we took on armed only with the CS100.

I honestly think 13hp is too small to turn a decent coin for any aspiring tree business.

Home owners, I am sure it is fine for.

Save your money, get some credit, it's inexpensive to borrow at the moment.

Go for at least 18hp if you must go wee chipper or put your funds into a used road tow.

Best of luck anyway.

Ty

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about what you have all said, and dan494 's suggestion of Greenmech CS100 or Timberwolf 18/100, have been doing some trawling of the internet. Have found that Timberwolf are made just a few miles up the A14 from me, so quite handy, and there is a TW18/100 with a dealer 50 miles away for just under £3k, so I think a trip over the border to Norfolk is in order Saturday morning. Seems they are as rare as hen's teeth, as people tend to keep them once they have one, so hopefully it is not a pup!

Thanks 76ar for the offer of your CS100 in Durham. I don't travel more than about 5 miles to do my jobs, and I have a full diary, so nearly 300 miles would be like going to the moon... :-)

Interesting thread this one to me as I have both the chipper mention by the chap that started the thread had it for over a year and up to a month ago it had done every tree I have done, cracking little machine will do 4 and a bit inch as long as u keep it fairly straight, I have also purchased a timberwolf 18/100, I think the capabilities of the 18/100 is about the same I think but the timberwolf loads into the truck much better, be careful with used as usual as my engine blew up after a couple of weeks, so new engine on and apart from not having to load on a trailer and that it loads the truck better not much in it, I have kept the small chipper as a back up and so i can still do the narrow Acess jobs still. Don't know if this helps with any choice of yours but thought I would share,

Interesting thread this one to me as I have both the chipper mention by the chap that started the thread had it for over a year and up to a month ago it had done every tree I have done, cracking little machine will do 4 and a bit inch as long as u keep it fairly straight, I have also purchased a timberwolf 18/100, I think the capabilities of the 18/100 is about the same I think but the timberwolf loads into the truck much better, be careful with used as usual as my engine blew up after a couple of weeks, so new engine on and apart from not having to load on a trailer and that it loads the truck better not much in it, I have kept the small chipper as a back up and so i can still do the narrow Acess jobs still. Don't know if this helps with any choice of yours but thought I would share,

That was one of my thoughts: If the engine packs up, replacing the one on the 18/100 should not be too horrendous - can you remember roughly how much the new engine was?

That was one of my thoughts: If the engine packs up, replacing the one on the 18/100 should not be too horrendous - can you remember roughly how much the new engine was?

Changed it to Briggs 18hp got it from uni power, dunmow Essex so not too many miles away but hopefully you will never need it, was 1300 all in

I have been using one of these for the past two years, can't fault it. It has been a good compromise between price and chipping ability.

DR Rapid Feed Chipper Pro – DR Machines

That's an interesting looking chipper, a completely different design to all the other small 13-16hp chippers from the more expensive Greenmech CS100 and Jo Beau M200/300 models to the low cost options from Agrieuro/MDL/Rock Machinery etc.

Good price too :thumbup1: