Aspen & Warrantee

Syd_B

Was this a dealer, or Stihl UK?

They told me point blank that they would, as there was absolutely no reason not to.

Stihl U.K. , I rang them from the dealer my self as I could not believe they would not fix under warranty as the dealer said he would not honour the warranty because I had not used stihl super on a km130 unit ... so I asked if I ran aspen in a brand new unit which I needed as I had a load of attachments would they honour the warranty if any thing went wrong again to which they replied no , only unless it was ran on stihl hp super.

I ran it on aspen any way and it still dropped a valve 7 months later and I vowed never to buy another stihl again.

Stihl U.K. , I rang them from the dealer my self as I could not believe they would not fix under warranty as the dealer said he would not honour the warranty because I had not used stihl super on a km130 unit ... so I asked if I ran aspen in a brand new unit which I needed as I had a load of attachments would they honour the warranty if any thing went wrong again to which they replied no , only unless it was ran on stihl hp super.

I ran it on aspen any way and it still dropped a valve 7 months later and I vowed never to buy another stihl again.

I guess it depends on who you talk to then, but as Aspen is superior in every way to pump fuel there can be no problem with the fuel. They are probably being cautious of the oil quality as their 4 mix engines are a bit finicky. By that account they should also invalidate machines run on their other oils.

If you ran Aspen 4T with HP super then they should be happy. (But the valves will still drop, as its a machine fault rather than the fuel. Its just that they last a little longer on HP Super)

Hi all,

I have a letter signed from Stihl that

"aspen does not affect warranty on Stihl products"

I hope this puts your minds at rest regarding warranty on Stihl when using aspen fuel.

If you would like a copy of the letter please contact me

[email protected]

and I will be happy to send it to you.

I believe Aspen has 80% of the German market for Alkylate fuels and in Sweden they consumed 13 million litres of aspen so I can't see how Stihl could say aspen will affect warranty in a negative way.

But they are always going to push their own products.

Any questions regarding aspen please contact us though our website or phone me direct 0756810895.

Kind regards

Eddie