Cheapest way up a tree.. lost quadcopter

Tommyk

Let me give my take on all this, your gonna go retrieve a lost heli or whatever it is you call it, every blue moon...

Get a rope from decathlon if ones close or get one off the net... it doesn't matter if its a tree rope, it might be advertised as rock climbing rope.. ropes rope is it not..

next thing is to get on utube and learn the basics... its not hard..

The only thing to mention is climbing itself, climbing as a kid is one thing climbing when your older is another.. as a kid you're indestructible, as you get older every foot climbed is something more to be broke, leg ankle or neck...

So make sure your tied in as best as can as can be done..

The harness you have, though not ideal will do the job, its to keep you and the rope together, it doesn't climb the tee for you...

If you do climb the tree, you might get a buzz out of it and find you want to do it as a pass time.. its a thing.. now if you do fancy doin more climbing then get the proper gear...

I bought my first climbing rope from decatholon, sure it was for rock climbing, and guess what, it works on tree's... you might want to get a handful of carbeners as well..

karabiner's are handy too. " Tie in as best you can" you might want to look that up before you use it.

That rope would not be suitable, for starters it will be below the required strength. 8mm rope is supposed to be used in pairs. You will need to be looking at something 11mm really. 10.5mm at a push. I climbed with 10.5mm rock rope for a while with a mechanical ascender. I would not advise using a prussik rope on a nylon rope really.

Yeah good advice.

here's some rope - probably wouldnt break if its not nicked (partially severed) seller just covering themselves

Retired Indoor Climbing Rope 10.5mm | eBay

this is an 8mm prussik loop

MARLOW VIPER PRUSSIK LOOP 50-60-70CM - heat resistant | eBay

you could just use a short length of the rope as a non adjustable lanyard for when you reach a branch to change over and throw your main rope (with carabiner on end) above to the next branch.

death or glory

Why not offer a local tree surgeon your services. He gets your drone, you meet him on site one day for a couple hours and shoot some raw footage for him. Everyones happy.

Are you really advising a non experienced tree climber to go up a 90 foot tree using a retired partially severed rope...ffs!!!!

You need your head examined pal,so does he if he takes your advice.

Death or glory?...it would seem death is the likely outcome

Ok sound. Im glad i asked. I know nothink about climbing trees safely apart from free style climbing in the park when i was a kid. My mates will most lightly be there but i wouldn't trust them to have any helpfull input. Ive watched youtube vids of one line with a prussik frction knock and a 2nd safty line which is what i was planning to use.

Im from the birmingham area. Quad is in b75 area

Id be gratfull is anyone could link me to a rope which would be safe enough for 10-20 climbs 😬👍🏻👍🏻

This is fpv freestyle quadcopter flying. As you can see be able to scale a tree would come in handy.

this rope if you're serious about having a go - dont forget to read the book too its not long

Yale XTC Plus 25m 13mm Climbing Rope 1 Splice Tree Surgeons | eBay

book

THE TREE CLIMBER'S COMPANION ARBORIST GUIDE TECH BOOK | eBay

you must have a lanyard to remain attached when you are advancing your climbing line - or a net below

Thats a great idea

Or get some 3 strand like we used to use, very cheap.

What about a more powerful drone copter with a grapple?

If you are dumb enough to try to climb this 90 foot tree (if it is actually 90 foot) you need double the length of rope so you can come back down again. Otherwise we'll have to get a quadcopter to take you out of the tree.

Yah someone who knows what theyre doing. He was going to buy a 25m rope.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Sweeeet!

However, no pics no proof!

Sent from my BV6000 using Arbtalk mobile app

Voj

karabiner's are handy too. " Tie in as best you can" you might want to look that up before you use it.

Look sunshine, the fella wanted to climb a tree and get his toy back. he's not asking for advice on climbing K2....

And whats this about pointing out a spelling mistake, anyone reading what I wrote would know what the hell it was I was talking about, you damned spelling Nazi...

Im confused at all the quotes above but heres a picture of what i want todo.

Im getting the feeling its should be fine but its not ideal... but its all ive got to work with at the moment. Going up in a few hours time if somone could put my mind at rest

Quite looking forward to it :thumbup: