Cheapest way up a tree.. lost quadcopter

Tommyk

tom, seriously just listen to the professions on here!!!

you ask for help, then start telling everyone what you can put a climbing kit together for!!!

if i was you i'd ring honey's and ask for a job as well!!!

buy this: Blue Poly Rope Coils, Polyrope, Polypropylene, Polyprop, Agriculture, Tarpaulins | eBay

get it over the top branch, tie around your waste, and tie the other end to your mate bikes, and then get him to drive forward until you can reach it, then get him to reverse!

just an idea

be safe!!

tom, seriously just listen to the professions on here!!!

you ask for help, then start telling everyone what you can put a climbing kit together for!!!

if i was you i'd ring honey's and ask for a job as well!!!

buy this: Blue Poly Rope Coils, Polyrope, Polypropylene, Polyprop, Agriculture, Tarpaulins | eBay

get it over the top branch, tie around your waste, and tie the other end to your mate bikes, and then get him to drive forward until you can reach it, then get him to reverse!

just an idea

be safe!!

Oh behave. Ive brought a wild country rock climbing harness for £30 and due to this tread a proper arbroist rope for £55. 4 Carabiners for £20. 2 Prussik Loop for £20 So im all in for £120. Thank you for your advice on the rope though youve been so helpfull.

Am i ok to use double figure of 8s on my main line and lanyard or is there a better knot to use?

Oh behave. Ive brought a wild country rock climbing harness for £30 and due to this tread a proper arbroist rope for £55. 4 Carabiners for £20. 2 Prussik Loop for £20 So im all in for £120. Thank you for your advice on the rope though youve been so helpfull.

Am i ok to use double figure of 8s on my main line and lanyard or is there a better knot to use?

If its as termination knots then double figure 8 on mainline is fine but a bit bulky on the lanyard.

What hitch are you using to ascend on and as lanyard adjuster?

Fig 8 on a bight is fine mate, it's what I learned on.

I don't think you're making the right choice doing it yourself, but you ride a track bike so you must be a nutcase anyway, wayyyy more dangerous than climbing trees.

I've recovered a couple of drones from trees, and they were well out on the tips, easy climbs till the last ten feet.

If you're determined to do it yourself I'd get a pro in first time out and trade footage for fees like Steve suggested.

You'll learn far more seeing him do it/climbing with him than you will from books and vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If its as termination knots then double figure 8 on mainline is fine but a bit bulky on the lanyard.

What hitch are you using to ascend on and as lanyard adjuster?

I was just going to use a prusik knot on both as thats what ive seen in all the videos so far and looks fairly simple todo?

Heres a potential silly question but to get back down is it ok todo just do the same as you do to go up but in reverse. As in take the tention up and then slide the prusik down and repeat or is there another knot you need to rig up?

Think its going to be a bulky set up. The spliced ends where £30 a pop

I was just going to use a prusik knot on both as thats what ive seen in all the videos so far and looks fairly simple todo?

Heres a potential silly question but to get back down is it ok todo just do the same as you do to go up but in reverse. As in take the tention up and then slide the prusik down and repeat or is there another knot you need to rig up?

Think its going to be a bulky set up. The spliced ends where £30 a pop

I'm about an hour away from you. If you really get stuck I can sort you out.

I'll want some drone footage in return though.

Fig 8 on a bight is fine mate, it's what I learned on.

I don't think you're making the right choice doing it yourself, but you ride a track bike so you must be a nutcase anyway, wayyyy more dangerous than climbing trees.

I've recovered a couple of drones from trees, and they were well out on the tips, easy climbs till the last ten feet.

If you're determined to do it yourself I'd get a pro in first time out and trade footage for fees like Steve suggested.

You'll learn far more seeing him do it/climbing with him than you will from books and vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yeah I am alittle worryed about that. I think im going to take a telescopic pole up with me so i can just pop it out of the tree once i get fairly close.

The way i see it is i might stuggle my bollucks off and it might take me a while but as long as im always clipped in safety it "should" be inpossible to kill myself lol