Dealing with lazy staff!

Grüße

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quiet work to the boss is the way to go, everyone will covered their owned ass at the end of the day, so best to get in first before you get the blame as the new guy, always tried to deal with direct when I was team leader as its ultimately you who get chewed for overrunning jobs etc, only been accused of being a grass once and funnily enough the lads made sure he had a 50 yard head start on me before he said it to me, few hours and bit of an exchange later he admitted he was in the wrong and bucked his ideas up, not pleasant but when two of you are carrying the third man everytime its not going to be long before someone is going to blow.

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Have a meeting with the boss or owner and explain the situation. If your taken seriously the next conversation will be with all three parties. If the first meeting does not take place either because your to cautious or green than give your two week notice and find another job where your abilities will be better appreciated. Either way until you have more experience under your belt or a crew leader that cares your pretty much in a holding pattern until you make your move.

easy-lift guy

If you're PAYE on the books why go flat out ultra efficient like a permanent military exercise? I mean if he's paying the foreman say 28k, if the foreman really pulls out all the stops and tries to bust a gut to get it done ultra efficient is he suddenly going up from 28k to 36?

It's a long road to retirement - sometimes better to do just enough and not develop high blood pressure. Why can't it be - nice day - exciting climb - great surroundings, rather than yay we're the best organized most energetic fastest team going

When I was team leader I had new lads come in guns blazing a few times and had to slow them down, because they were actually screwing the job up, and ultimately making it take longer.

'Look how fast I'm raining this conny down, I'm sooooo quick!'

No mate, you're being a dick.

We've got 2 on the deck with a 100 yard drag to a 2'6" alley with a right angle before the chipper. Building a birds nest in a drop zone like Beirut will make me angry.

It's very frustrating as a climber, but quick isn't always quickest, if you catch my drift?

I'm not for one minute suggesting this is what you're doing mate, but look at the big picture, all the time.

If he is being a genuine lazy-arse, have a quiet word with the boss.

Bollocks to the grass thing, we're not at school anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I always fell out with other guys when I worked for other people, used to end up with threats, challenges, isolation from the rest of the group!

But stuff them I thought, I was there to work and learn.

ive had loads of threats but no one ever threw a punch.

Learn what you can, take the money and move on first chance you get and start yourself.

I always fell out with other guys when I worked for other people, used to end up with threats, challenges, isolation from the rest of the group!

But stuff them I thought, I was there to work and learn.

ive had loads of threats but no one ever threw a punch.

Learn what you can, take the money and move on first chance you get and start yourself.

You are a natural leader, it's never easy as a alpha to play with cheap.

When I was team leader I had new lads come in guns blazing a few times and had to slow them down, because they were actually screwing the job up, and ultimately making it take longer.

'Look how fast I'm raining this conny down, I'm sooooo quick!'

No mate, you're being a dick.

We've got 2 on the deck with a 100 yard drag to a 2'6" alley with a right angle before the chipper. Building a birds nest in a drop zone like Beirut will make me angry.

It's very frustrating as a climber, but quick isn't always quickest, if you catch my drift?

I'm not for one minute suggesting this is what you're doing mate, but look at the big picture, all the time.

If he is being a genuine lazy-arse, have a quiet word with the boss.

Bollocks to the grass thing, we're not at school anymore.

Good response, the issue isn't with me smashing down trees and expecting them to clear up after me. I've worked on the ground with enough 'im here to climb not drag' muppets who would fell the top out of a tree and then go and sit in the van.

It's the general attitude towards work. "we've done enough for today, let's leave it for another time and have a 3 hour lunchbreak." And generally finding any excuse not to finish a job