Video Rotatech vs Leading brand

Northernarbsupplies

Seasons Greeting to you all.

Northern Arb Supplies and Saturn Machine Knives will be closed: 23rd Dec - 2nd Jan.

Last orders:

Orders before 1 pm 22nd Dec to arrive 23rd Dec

Orders before 1 pm 23rd Dec to arrive 28th Dec.

*If urgent please call 0114 278 9090 and confirm the item is in stock.

You can continue to make orders on our website Arborist Tree Surgeon & Landscape Gardeners Equipment Northern Arb Supplies - Northern ARB Supplies

The orders will be processed when we are back in the office.

Messages on here might not be read after 19th Dec. If your message can't wait until January, please email [email protected]

I hope you all have a nice, well deserved break.

59767249f3072_arbtalkxmas.jpg.9a27fde986b98da5bfa3be0e0260dc1d.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The actual metal seems softer so they damage easier and file down easier hence less chain life. Like the bags they come in though, far better than the boxes that the others come in. There good but don't expect them to last as long as a stihk/husky/ oregan but then again there half the price!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Ok cheers, yeah I didn't find them hard to file either and if I was pressed for an opinion without doing a back to back I'd agree they possibly did feel a bit softer than Oregon, the file felt like it was biting well and it wasn't a brand new file either.

For sure though at 1/4 the price of an Oregon I'm not complaining about their actual performance, just have a slight reservation about the amount they stretched initially, mine hasn't stretched since the 1st day I used it but it may have more initial stretch than an Oregon and that could contribute to more wear on the drive sprocket.

Hi all,

Thanks you for all the comments and reviews. The chainsaw aren't variable. It is more to do with the wood people use and their individual experiences. They are a good quality chains. The low costs is due to us being the seller and supplier and therefore not having a middle man taking a cut.

Why do you claim they are harder than other chains (and need one of your files) when mine and others experience is that they are made of softer metal

Why do you claim they are harder than other chains (and need one of your files) when mine and others experience is that they are made of softer metal

Hi Burgess,

Different files will of course be different. I suggest people try the Rotatech files if they find their usual files get damaged. I do this because it answers the common questions about files getting damaged when sharpening Rotatech chainsaw chains. Not all customers experience this, because they might already be using good files.

Great that you haven't had trouble sharpening your chains. You probably have better quality files already. The chains are made of hard metal, which when performance tested can cut through nails.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing an ad for this on Facebook. The ad said something akin to them using "high quality USA Steel" when question i got told "it's USA Steel, all you need to know" I guess they found a compromise between harness and ability to hold an edge, and ability to be worked easily. Still would like to know what steel it is. And how it's so much better than chains from a multi million dollar companies who have extensive R&D teams who are trying to get the edge on the handful of other multi million dollar companies with extensive R&D teams.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I remember seeing an ad for this on Facebook. The ad said something akin to them using "high quality USA Steel" when question i got told "it's USA Steel, all you need to know" I guess they found a compromise between harness and ability to hold an edge, and ability to be worked easily. Still would like to know what steel it is. And how it's so much better than chains from a multi million dollar companies who have extensive R&D teams who are trying to get the edge on the handful of other multi million dollar companies with extensive R&D teams.

Ask the Chinese.

USA steel made in china?

Still would like to know what steel it is. And how it's so much better than chains from a multi million dollar companies who have extensive R&D teams who are trying to get the edge on the handful of other multi million dollar companies with extensive R&D teams.

I've looked all over and I can't find what kind of steel they use. I also can't find what kind of steel Oregon, Ozaki or Stihl use.I could be cutting this wood with something totally unsuited for the job and not know about it. I'd also like to know what kind of aluminium Husqvarna makes their pistons from and what rubber is used for the diaphragms in Walbro carbs.

I am not going to sleep over Christmas now thanks to you :001_rolleyes: