560xpg vs 6100

jnoon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing else comes close to them? The dolmar and stihl equivalent don't handle the same and feel as if they weigh twice as much.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Are you running them on Synthetic and a 40:1 mix - worth trying as many issues are caused by their fuel consumption being much less than other machines....less fuel=less oil= pop:thumbdown:

Are you running them on Synthetic and a 40:1 mix - worth trying as many issues are caused by their fuel consumption being much less than other machines....less fuel=less oil= pop:thumbdown:

Yes. Been running Rock oil 50.1 was running 40.1 but damm smokey in hedge cutters.

Just bought husky ls plus earlier today cans mixed ready for 50.1 fuel in morning.

Never had any fuel / oil related issues in any other saws

200t

201t

540t

346 ( you ported)

Yes. Been running Rock oil 50.1 was running 40.1 but damm smokey in hedge cutters.

Just bought husky ls plus earlier today cans mixed ready for 50.1 fuel in morning.

Never had any fuel / oil related issues in any other saws

200t

201t

540t

346 ( you ported)

You are fine in non autotune engines but as soon as you go autotune strato, you use much less fuel. All the bearings and friction surfaces need oil to keep them working so much less fuel through the engine means less oil to keep a more powerful saw working hence my theory on using a fatter synthetic mix.

You are fine in non autotune engines but as soon as you go autotune strato, you use much less fuel. All the bearings and friction surfaces need oil to keep them working so much less fuel through the engine means less oil to keep a more powerful saw working hence my theory on using a fatter synthetic mix.

So should I change mix back to 40.1 on husky ls ?

Nothing else comes close to them? The dolmar and stihl equivalent don't handle the same and feel as if they weigh twice as much.

I've got to agree on this, at least as far as the 6100 is concerned. I had one on a long term demo from Shavey and I really liked it, a good all round saw and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it if you're looking for one saw to do all your work, likes of a farmer, fencer, cutting your own firewood etc. But it wasn't as nice to use as the 560 in flat out commercial cutting. More versatile, yes, capable of doing it, yes, but not as flat out good. I've had 2 560's and will be having a third, never had any problems with them. Will consider a 6100 if I'm replacing the 365, but not as a replacement for the 560. Would be interested in trying the 5105, heard good things about that one.

As an aside, I've been running a 560 on 50:1 for two years now without issue. (Probably blow up tomorrow now :001_rolleyes:)