560xpg vs 6100

jnoon

Thanks to shavey (Andrew) for lending me a 6100 earlier. As many will know on here I've had 2 560's and had endless trouble, current one has seized once and mains failed once. (20 odd months old)

The results were surprisingly close with videos of each saw cutting bar length in Douglas, 15" b and c same bar for both saws.

Only had the saw a day but for those wanting a basic comparison see below.

(Will update when we have used it more also when he lends me 5105 to compare to my workmans 550xp)

Pros over 560.

Feels a lot more solid, looks stronger ie 2 springs underneath not one. Easier to remove b and c, starts easier, no autotune. Better quality air filter. Surprisingly fast.

Cons over 560

Slightly heavier, feels more like a 372, not as slimline, doesn't feel as nimble but not used to it.

Seriously considering a 5105 to run alongside the 372.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently had a 6100 in for porting, an interesting experience. The saw was solid, well built and had an interesting design. Damn high compression at 200psi. Dolmar have attempted to fill the crankcase void as tight as possible without resorting to stuffers. They use reed valves for the strato part of the induction rather than piston ports - possibly to avoid patents.

The owner hasn't picked the saw up so don't know how much of a difference it will make but did a fair bit to it.

Thanks to shavey (Andrew) for lending me a 6100 earlier. As many will know on here I've had 2 560's and had endless trouble, current one has seized once and mains failed once. (20 odd months old)

The results were surprisingly close with videos of each saw cutting bar length in Douglas, 15" b and c same bar for both saws.

Only had the saw a day but for those wanting a basic comparison see below.

(Will update when we have used it more also when he lends me 5105 to compare to my workmans 550xp)

Pros over 560.

Feels a lot more solid, looks stronger ie 2 springs underneath not one. Easier to remove b and c, starts easier, no autotune. Better quality air filter. Surprisingly fast.

Cons over 560

Slightly heavier, feels more like a 372, not as slimline, doesn't feel as nimble but not used to it.

Only glad too help josh it's good to get them side by side using the same bar and chains

Yes there is a visual and weight difference

Maybe you should try the 20" on both saws in a big piece of timber

:thumbup::thumbup:

Seriously considering a 5105 to run alongside the 372.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

That should work well :thumbup::thumbup:

I recently had a 6100 in for porting, an interesting experience. The saw was solid, well built and had an interesting design. Damn high compression at 200psi. Dolmar have attempted to fill the crankcase void as tight as possible without resorting to stuffers. They use reed valves for the strato part of the induction rather than piston ports - possibly to avoid patents.

The owner hasn't picked the saw up so don't know how much of a difference it will make but did a fair bit to it.

Hey spud I was wondering have you seen that cylinder on any other saw brand

Because Dolmar usually use Mahle but not this time

What sort of gains did you get from this one

I can vouch for the psi this was taken from the saw josh has

image.jpg.a68598fea8407a7a9d610bfb4d48d34a.jpg