Yet another reccomend me a wood burner thread!

sandspider

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coseyfire 22. Google it. Either with or without a boiler. Very well priced and well made.

I have installed one, a boiler stove in my case, and it's the best thing ever. Mine was under £500 delivered. Sounds too cheap compared to 'branded' ones but I'm very pleased with the build quality and the performance.

8kw to rads, 4kw to the room. Currently running 6 rads and a towel rail. If you stoke up the fire, the rads are too hot to touch and the whole house is roasting hot.

If that's not enough, they make a bigger one that will power 16 rads, something like 24kw output.

Serous Question do you want to heat the room or the rads. as burners can either heat the room they are in brilliantly without a boiler but with one struggle to heat either.

Is the boiler close to the copper tank, if not the rads will take alot longer to heat up. reduce the flow of water entering the tank to give the water from the burner time to heat the water.

Stanley and blacksmith are good makes aswell. I know you say you dont want to pay for the name but alot of cheaper stoves warp and twist and you end up having to replace them.

Just as tuscan pumps are 40 quid cheaper than Grudfus but last longer. Last week I fitted a tuscan pump to a boiler and it ended up having to be replaced as it was faulty. In the hardware yard there was a pallet with ten of them going back. so yeas Quality does cost a bit but it lasts away longer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Looking into this again now we're in the house! Been to a few local stove showrooms. One didn't stock Burley, and recommended a Bergen stove. The other did stock Burley, but didn't rate them - he's about to stop stocking them, apparently they waste a lot of heat downwards, can crack the slab they rest on and require a long flue to draw properly? This one recommended a Scan Andersen 4-5, which was a neat looking little stove. Has anyone tried the latter?

David H, I'm not looking for a boiler stove, just a basic convection heater for the living room. Bonus if it can push heat further into the house, but I won't be hooking rads to the woodburner.

Ilnumero, as said, I'm not after a boiler stove, but the Coseyfire does look surprisingly cheap! They do seem to do a smaller 5kw non-boiler version, but I can't find many reviews of it. Anything you don't like about your bigger one?

Cheers all.