Stihls sales policy

Arctostaphylos uva-ursi

Totally agree.

My local dealer doesn't have a shop front its just a smelly shed/workshop on an industrial estate! They appear to make their money from charging the older generation stupid amounts of money for annual mower service.:thumbdown:

That's undoubtedly where the money is with machinery sales, i don't think any dealer makes much from selling the stuff unless they sell ALOT! We keep hearing about save the high street and pay the extra so the local shop stays there. Don't get it myself, why pay more for something a supermarket can supply so that 2-3 people can keep working there. Equally with dealers I needed a worm screw for a saw last week, phoned the nearest place, no we don't keep many parts in stock we can order it and that'll be £5 plus vat next week sometime. Phoned skyland it's on my doormat the next morning for half the price (ignoring p and p as ordered some other bits while was at it)

If they want to survive they need to up their game

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's undoubtedly where the money is with machinery sales, i don't think any dealer makes much from selling the stuff unless they sell ALOT! We keep hearing about save the high street and pay the extra so the local shop stays there. Don't get it myself, why pay more for something a supermarket can supply so that 2-3 people can keep working there. Equally with dealers I needed a worm screw for a saw last week, phoned the nearest place, no we don't keep many parts in stock we can order it and that'll be £5 plus vat next week sometime. Phoned skyland it's on my doormat the next morning for half the price (ignoring p and p as ordered some other bits while was at it)

If they want to survive they need to up their game

You could say exactly the same thing to someone deciding weather to use your company for their tree work or going for one of the big national companies like bartletts or glendales.

You could say exactly the same thing to someone deciding weather to use your company for their tree work or going for one of the big national companies like bartletts or glendales.

Exactly , what will happen in 10 years time when all the small repair shops are gone . will you post off your saw for an urgent repair or just buy a new one as it will be there next day ? as i said before the whole thing is going to implode

I would like to know how Amazon are.selling Stihl chainsaws direct! It's not from another dealer it is from Amazon, shipped to your door next day....only certain saws and RRP but they are shifting them, Also lots of accessories, Oregon deal direct with them now and it seems Stihl do...

Amazon online repair service , drone drops off mechanic and parts , Prime members only of course lol

Stihl's online policy has done me a favour in saving me money! But it is a pain. Near me I have a farm/machinery shop (TFM) that i use all the time for machinery. The price is great, they make pence off each machine as they make the money off the farmers etc. To get anything else I have to travel to Buxtons. IMO if your on system with dealer, you should be exempt from Stihl's policy.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

No problem with them charging what they need to make a living but when you've spent thousands in there and are in need would price matching break the bank? Wouldn't ask for under cost but at that time I'd lost 2k in tools and everything else I had to buy from eBay as insurance wouldn't pay out and had a 2 month old baby. That dealer has lost out since as was a bit of a drive but I go elsewhere now as I said unless I'm local and it's convenient

Why wouldn't insurance pay out? Which company?

Life's all about moving forward, you learn what you can and crack on!!