UFC 203 and CM Punk debut !😭

born2trot

Well it all ended tears , literally.

The long awaited WWE superstars UFC debut came to a bit of an unceremonious end when he got his ass handed to him in just over a minutes action by a young two fight professional.

Should he get another go or will Dana scratch him ?

Meanwhile that big nasty Croat looks the ticket :thumbup1:

It was always going to end that way, it was not as if he had any pedigree in any other art, at least lesnar was an NCAA champ so had as great foundation for mma.

I don't think he will be to bothered he got 2.5 million as a wage then undisclosed ppv money.

I think they will feed him another wwe guy who wants to fight mma as that audience is massive and I'm sure the ufc have a plan b already in the pipeline :biggrin:

It was always going to end that way, it was not as if he had any pedigree in any other art, at least lesnar was an NCAA champ so had as great foundation for mma.

I don't think he will be to bothered he got 2.5 million as a wage then undisclosed ppv money.

I think they will feed him another wwe guy who wants to fight mma as that audience is massive and I'm sure the ufc have a plan b already in the pipeline :biggrin:

As you say he's not Brock Lesnar! Not seen the fight as yet but wasn't expecting much!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Fair enough! I'll have a look now for the fight, been meaning to watch the program of his training and build up to the fight but couldn't be arsed! End of the day he's a sports entertainer not a fighter, which he's doing since he was 15

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Sounds as if Dana is gonna drop him . I've just listened to Nate Diaz's thoughts on this and he is correct I believe in suggesting that it's devalueing the sport and the professional fighters . Albeit it sells tickets and promotes interest.

Since the ufc got bought over and Dana got close to 400 million for his shares he won't have as much say as he use to, new owners might want to go another route, they just lost Rory McDonald to bellator as they would not re new his contract on the terms he asked for !! But give cm punk a few mill and Diaz picked up 13 mill !! I love the Diaz brothers and have followed them since the start but it shows that its bums on seats and not quality, Rory is a fantastic fighter and his battle with Robbie Lawler was a show real fight.

Interesting times ahead for the sport but the ufc is not what it used to be as a fan but its still the pinnacle of the sport.