Any interesting new processors out there?

Woodworks

Sorry, I meant the chainsaw is from a hydraulic motor. There's no belts on the machine.

I think both manufacturers should produce, or make it an option, where all splitter heads are a one piece system, instead of having individual splitters, 4 way, 6 way, 8 way, 12 way.

Rabaud do this on their 420 machine.

Just my opinion

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both manufacturers should produce, or make it an option, where all splitter heads are a one piece system, instead of having individual splitters, 4 way, 6 way, 8 way, 12 way.

Rabaud do this on their 420 machine.

Just my opinion

The fuelwood transaw has 2/4/6 all in one or 2/4/8, saw it been demod at apt, what a beast, and u don't need to keep swapping the knifes, that's Gotta be good, one on eBay currently for sale

The fuelwood transaw has 2/4/6 all in one or 2/4/8, saw it been demod at apt, what a beast, and u don't need to keep swapping the knifes, that's Gotta be good, one on eBay currently for sale

It also can be lifted out of the way so no splitting for small timber.

If I change my Palax 90 I go for the trans saw it's a much better machine I was to tight when I bought the palax I've always wish I'd spent a few more quid and bought one .

A note or word of advice to anyone wanting to buy there 1st processor get a circular saw one against chain saw one . Less maintenance less saw dust less hassle all round. I've had both great thing about circular saw you can just fire it up and off you go if you have spare hr no messing about with oil chain or bar .

No doubt I'm wrong

It also can be lifted out of the way so no splitting for small timber.

If I change my Palax 90 I go for the trans saw it's a much better machine I was to tight when I bought the palax I've always wish I'd spent a few more quid and bought one .

A note or word of advice to anyone wanting to buy there 1st processor get a circular saw one against chain saw one . Less maintenance less saw dust less hassle all round. I've had both great thing about circular saw you can just fire it up and off you go if you have spare hr no messing about with oil chain or bar .

No doubt I'm wrong

that's a very fair point, so you can cut the blanks for the kindler, or if you don't want to split the small stuff just bundle them up and fire them through, it's a real versatile machine that's built like a tank, think they are s bit more money than most but you do imo get more, have to say was not too impressed with the 360 posch at the apf, aldo spoke to someone who is running transaw and binderberg the comment was at the end of the day the transaw has the bigger pile of logs ! there is one on eBay at the moment, think it's got a deck with it too, I did look at a palax 90 but they do two types think it was for softwood so a 90 s thought it was good but I did not buy

were there any new dalen processors there, as for the big set ups, im with most of you on not seeing how you can make alll the numbers add up, be good if someone on here has bought a big peice of kit and give us an explanation on how it suits them!!

yes I saw the new Dalen, it looked nice, very open in the neck leading upto the blade, I did not see it working but it did look well thought out, I don't know if they are belt or hydraulic drive. I bet it would handle big and bent stuff better than most but I did not see it run

You'll be lucky to get any grant funding for a machine over the last 2 years. Everything in South Wales stopped in 2014/2015 after the woodfuelwales machine stopped rolling. Havnt heard of anything since!

I was half way through an application last winter, I was approved for the first stage and asked to submit a full application. This was a FC scheme via the EU and actioned by Defra

However the terms and conditions were pretty onerous to the point that I considered it not really worth going forward given the volumes I do and the storage space I have. In a nutshell the need to employ extra people, full planning consent on processing site and storage area and the need to expand the storage space to accommodate extra product.

With ash die back getting worse every farmers son with a chainsaw is going to be selling cheap firewood so I saw no sensible return on the investment.

A

I was half way through an application last winter, I was approved for the first stage and asked to submit a full application. This was a FC scheme via the EU and actioned by Defra

However the terms and conditions were pretty onerous to the point that I considered it not really worth going forward given the volumes I do and the storage space I have. In a nutshell the need to employ extra people, full planning consent on processing site and storage area and the need to expand the storage space to accommodate extra product.

With ash die back getting worse every farmers son with a chainsaw is going to be selling cheap firewood so I saw no sensible return on the investment.

A

They might sell a bit here and a bit there, but I doubt it will grow into serious competition. One poor load and the customer NEVER comes back. Selling cheap logs just isn't worth the hassle in my opinion.