Stolen chainsaw haul, please check serial numbers

Steve Bullman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steve for the post. We think most of the property has been stolen from the Tandridge area of Surrey, although we have just located an owner for one of the Husqvarna chainsaws in Kent.

We have now contacted both Stihl and Husqvarna to get serial number records and to which shop they were sold to. This has allowed us to match a few of the items. Please do register your property, it makes it much easier to get it back

17 out of 70 items have been identified. It's been hard.. but I like a challenge. Vicky

• 4 months later...

Just a follow up to this. I received an email from Vicky today

With relation to the above haul and individual has been charged with the following:

1 x charge for Theft, 1 x Theft from Motor Vehicle, 11 x charges for Receiving Stolen Goods, 1 x charge for Public Order, 1 x Driving with no insurance, 1 x Driving without due care and attention.

His mother has also been charged for:

11 x charges for Receiving Stolen Goods

:001_smile:

i read a farmer journal apparently 150000 worth of chainsaws and tools was found at a farm

http://www.thejournal.ie/operation-thor-stolen-property-3186184-Jan2017/

look we know the criminals in Ireland and England communicate and deal with each other so there is a possibility some of the kit came from England

Edited by IRE David H

i read a farmer journal apparently 150000 worth of chainsaws and tools was found at a farm

Stolen power tools, machinery and ornaments worth ?150k recovered by gardaí

look we know the criminals in Ireland and England communicate and deal with each other so there is a possibility some of the kit came from England

Well imagine my surprise!:001_rolleyes:

It might just be a coincidence, but most of the people responsible for rural crimes seem to have Irish accents and live in caravans.

Maybe there's a link?

SG