Timberwolf 18/100 blade bolts

Speedmills

Can anyone help me with a link for blade bolts do you think it's worth replacing with torx bolts, I've just brought a 18/100 and the Allen key heads for the blades are shot and rounded by owner before me and their stuck in any tips on how to get them out would be great, thanks for help in advance.

Cheers Alex

Can anyone help me with a link for blade bolts do you think it's worth replacing with torx bolts, I've just brought a 18/100 and the Allen key heads for the blades are shot and rounded by owner before me and their stuck in any tips on how to get them out would be great, thanks for help in advance.

Cheers Alex

Are these M16 x 50mm 12.9 socket countersunk screws like on the Greenmechs?

They're supposed to be torx bolts. Try spectrum plant for the correct bolts. You might need a torx bit to get them out anyway if they've rounded, had the same problem when I bought one of those chippers. Clean them out and tap in with a hammer and with luck they'll come out

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

They're supposed to be torx bolts. Try spectrum plant for the correct bolts. You might need a torx bit to get them out anyway if they've rounded, had the same problem when I bought one of those chippers. Clean them out and tap in with a hammer and with luck they'll come out

cheers will have a look, Ive tried banging the Allen key in worked on 6 of the bolts but 4 are completely shot going to see a mate on Monday to see if he has any more luck than me

Cheers for help

I took mine to my mechanic as he has all the sizes and got them out quite easily with the way I described. What I did with that machine was to use thread lock rather than copper grease as tapping in the socket broke the lock and the bolts couldn't work loose. A squirt of a penetrating oil and clean the heads the best you can before trying to get them out for future reference [emoji106]🏻

I took mine to my mechanic as he has all the sizes and got them out quite easily with the way I described. What I did with that machine was to use thread lock rather than copper grease as tapping in the socket broke the lock and the bolts couldn't work loose. A squirt of a penetrating oil and clean the heads the best you can before trying to get them out for future reference [emoji106]🏻

Do not use thread lock the bolts only need to be just tight they will never work lose.