Echo CS2511TES released soon.

Mark_Skyland

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume it's correct as the sticker says 2511 on it.

I'm more interested in the side casing fitting properly as always stood proud on the 2510

That and the bar and chain setup hopefully down to the smaller chain

I dont assume anything anymore with new products:laugh1: We have had to change descriptions and images so many times due to the manufactures having messed about with different specs before the production run etc.

I'm hoping there have been more changes than I can see in the photo in regards to the attachment points.

I would have thought it the same Oregon 1/4" chain as fitted to the 2510 as there aren't any other chain manufactures creating the same as the stihl 150 that I'm aware of. Tbh I tried the stihl chain and thought it was worse. It's ok for the ms150 as it's fairly under powered but the 2510 ran better and cut quicker with the Oregon chain imo.

Gotta disagree there. In some woods perhaps the heavy chain works, but try putting it through something like Beech.

As a pruning saw that chain just makes so much sense.

Have you tried using the oregon chain?

The stihl chain makes a finer neater cut but tbh thats about it, the 2510 is more than powerful enough not to need the tiny stihl chain. To say you need to throw the bar and chain away and buy a stihl ms150 setup is nonsense (I know you havent said that Joe)

I can sell a 2511 with a 1/4" stihl setup but I dont think its worth the effort. The best way is to drill the bar then you can buy a standard size stihl chain rather than have to get one made up. Thats what we did and its easy enough to do.

Its good that it is an option though and no doubt will suit some types of people better.

Have you tried using the oregon chain?

The stihl chain makes a finer neater cut but tbh thats about it, the 2510 is more than powerful enough not to need the tiny stihl chain. To say you need to throw the bar and chain away and buy a stihl ms150 setup is nonsense (I know you havent said that Joe)

I can sell a 2511 with a 1/4" stihl setup but I dont think its worth the effort. The best way is to drill the bar then you can buy a standard size stihl chain rather than have to get one made up. Thats what we did and its easy enough to do.

Its good that it is an option though and no doubt will suit some types of people better.

I guess it's different strokes. I used the 280 replacement that they sent me (which on paper has more power than the 2510) on that chain and I despaired. It's been in my boot after one use.

Tell you what though. I 've just taken the leap with Instagram (thanks for accepting 😃) so when I get my replacement I'll do a comparison.

Instagram is Barrys doing, I have no clue on how it works, only a bit of what it does!

The 280 isnt as good as the 2510, dont believe everything you read:001_smile:

As you say horses for courses, I wouldnt bother with the ms150 or the 2510 tbh with the stihl chain. I would prefer a 540 any day but the 2510 with the oregon chain is a great little machine. Then again I never did like using handsaws:001_smile: