New baby's and tree work

Gardiners Tree Surgery

So we are lucky to have been blessed with our s cond baby daughter,

She is now just over three weeks old. Our first was so content that although hard was fairly Easy. Our second totally different. I will try not to compare but all she does is cry all the time. If she isn't asleep its just tears constantly. My wife and I are both at our wits end. The problem is my wife says go to bed you have work and let me sort things, which is good of her, but I see no difference in staying awake listening to her scream or try and help.

I'm actually getting to breaking point. Trying to do arb work on 3/4 hours sleep a night is going to catch up on me

So does anybody have any tips.

I'm thinking about organising a snip party. I've done my bit for humanity so time to get me to the vets I think.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure the guys on here will be coming forward with plenty of advice, some humorous some serious, but all wishing you the best of luck with you new addition.

A few years ago for me, but we had a book with all sorts of advice about these things, like put them to bed and let them cry themselves to sleep, we used to call it screaming practice.

If that isnt working 888 on teletext was the subtitles (showing my age)

They're all different,we have a 6yr old boy and a 3 1/2yr old girl,angels since birth,our 20 month old son has been miserable since birth,stretches you to the brink,has put enormous pressure on us all,I can't make a business call in the evening without his background noise,he's getting better slowly.I guess my advice is hang in there chap,they are worth every minute even though it don't seem that way,give your missus a hug,ride it out and trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel

Mate, I know exactly how you feel. We had it with our first who is now 3. We also have a 5 month old boy as well. It's hard mate, it really is. My 3 year old is mostly having a meltdown all day, and I mean serious tantrums over nothing. Yesterday I walked up the stairs before her and she had a 20 minute fit, seriously.

Could your baby have colic? Could be a reason for the constant crying. If not, we got our kids to sleep through most of the night by being quite harsh. We let them cry themselves to sleep (we'd only leave it about 20 mins and then go in and reassure them) it took only a couple of evenings and they rarely wake (the 5 month old once or twice for a bit of tit and that's it.

Try 'baby white noise' on you tube. You'll find hours worth of white noise and for my first (who cried a lot) was great. It was quite amazing actually because as soon as you pressed play she instantaneously stopped crying!!!! It was quite short lived though.

Also, a good carry technique is to hold them with your arm through their crotch, belly to belly and cradle their head; walk around or rock them and it seems to work.

Be safe mate, 3/4 hours is not great for concentration levels. Although still with risk, perhaps a bit of ground work might be less of a risk than working at height? Could ask your boss see what he says.

Congrats to you pal, ive got a 7 month son, and a 3 year old. The youngest was exactly the same, he had acid reflux, took gaviscon etc. Both had colic as said above. Try colief. Worked wonders with both my lads. Quite dear at 12.00 a bottle but you can get it on prescription ( after trying gaviscon as Dr's are tight as) it is hard pal, try and get a nap if travelling and not driving. Your in the zombie zone atm [emoji3] it'll pass soon ( hopefully) - all the best

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

Hang in there! Can't add anything to that which has been offered above, other than to say I feel your pain! There's something about baby / child noise that blokes are just not manufactured to be able to tolerate.

What frustrated me was both of us trying to fix the same problem. If I got up, 2 minutes later wife would be there too. That just results in both getting worn out. Find yourself a quiet place and try to get an hour there, then come back into the fray refreshed.

I wouldn't recommend using this rhyme, and be advised, it's Samuel L Jackson so not for the faint hearted, but I bet if you listen to it, it'll be in your head forever! He totally captures the feeling!!

[ame]

[/ame]