microscope

tree79

Depends on what type of fungi and what part of the fruitbody you wan't to look at.

I'm no expert, having only really dabbled with microscopes at this stage.

So I usually send my samples off to the Jodrell lab at Kew or to a local field mycologist.

But I've found that this guidance is very clear and easy to understand and a great starting point.......

Using a Microscope: Creating a Section to Study (MushroomExpert.Com)

Using a Microscope (MushroomExpert.Com)

What type of scope do you have?

Depends on what type of fungi and what part of the fruitbody you wan't to look at.

I'm no expert, having only really dabbled with microscopes at this stage.

So I usually send my samples off to the Jodrell lab at Kew or to a local field mycologist.

But I've found that this guidance is very clear and easy to understand and a great starting point.......

Using a Microscope: Creating a Section to Study (MushroomExpert.Com)

Using a Microscope (MushroomExpert.Com)

What type of scope do you have?

Thanks David

It's a old watts microscope, a friend of mine was studying at redding university when they purchased newer one and they sold these off very cheap.

It dose have some high mag lens though.

Just curious to see if I can find about a little more really.

It may prove to diffecult, I'm not sure

Many thanks

Tree

• 1 year later...

I'd love to get in to this more. A couple of years ago for various reasons I had to put all my microscope stuff away for a while and I sensed a half-hearted interst on Arbtalk anyway so it's still stored away. I got it all out temporarily recently to help someone on a project but it wast do  with geology thin sections or else I would have stuck it on here for interest.

Hopefully by about February I'll be ready to roll again. Will then be able to bore everyone endlessly with chat about sieve plates, tracheids, cork cambia, vascular bundles... oooh I'm getting all hot and bothered just thinking about microscopy.

• Like 1

You might be surprised at the interest if you search 'microscopes' Jules. 

All being well I'll get one bought this week, I'm just torn between a Zeiss binocular (German optics!) or a Wessex trinocular - for easy digital photography,  decisions decisions...

I don't think the budgets gonna stretch to an electron scanning one:D

19 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I went for this one Gary.

10 minutes and I was sorted.

IMG_7261.PNG

Just for your benefit Mark. Your photo is of a device claimed to make things bigger. My photo is an instrument to make things 'look' bigger. If you need my instrument to find the object that yours is designed to enlarge, well you've some real problems:001_tongue::lol:

Trinocular microscope.jpg

Edited by Gary Prentice
spelling
  • Haha 2