weedkiller

phil123

Once you have your training done. Do yourself a favour and save some cash by buying 1 litre to start. I think you will find that 5 litres will be far more than you need ( chemicals for professional use have to be diluted significantly). Unless of course you are going to be spraying a different site every week!

Anyway do the course, buy a decent sprayer (Cooper Peggler or Berthoud) with correct nozzles and all the necessary safety kit. If you do the job well and look professional and act responsibly you will no doubt get repeat business. If you go at it like a cowboy then expect Indians to come after you.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem solved.

We sprayed roundup for decades without mishap or undue environmental impact. Paying 300-700 odd bucks for a licence will not make domestic spraying better or safer. When it comes to agricultural spraying, maybe the courses are a good thing, maybe not, I don't presume to say. Glyphosate is a pretty low level chemical, they use it to kill cereal crops before harvest for goodness sake, thats why there's roundup in our systems, breastmilk etc - its residues are in flour because it was sprayed on purpose, not contamination drift from granny's bottle sprayer.

And that's why suggesting farmers might be suitable custodians of the countryside is like suggesting peadophiles should be consulted on the age of consent!

(footnote - not ALL, but given that maximising profit and productivity are generally the driving factor, it's difficult to accept the NFU suggestion that farming is 'conserving' rather than decimating the natural environment through industrial exploitation.)

You sir imho are an idiot & should keep your 'advice' to yourself

I'm obliged to agree on this point!

Not sure I would go with the above advice. You may well be closing the loop of stolen property, chanisaws/chemicals & other folks tools. They're all the same when dealing in dark corners.

We all bemoan the fact when our and our mates sheds get broken into.......It happens all to often on this forum alone.

The bright thing to do until you are qualified with your new & shiny PA's is to find somone who will do the job for you in a safe & professional manner. Someone with PA's

As to chemicals lasting a long time, maybe they do, maybe they don't, but the containers and or contents are often suspect, lableless, diluted, illegal and possibly accessible to minors who may do silly things with them. Just not worth the risk IMO.

Just my tuppence worth!

codlasher

:thumbup1:

Please, at least, have a look at this:

Pesticides

An Ethical Approach to Environmental Protection | The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama

And that's why suggesting farmers might be suitable custodians of the countryside is like suggesting peadophiles should be consulted on the age of consent!

(footnote - not ALL, but given that maximising profit and productivity are generally the driving factor, it's difficult to accept the NFU suggestion that farming is 'conserving' rather than decimating the natural environment through industrial exploitation.)

I'm obliged to agree on this point!

:thumbup1:

Please, at least, have a look at this:

Pesticides

An Ethical Approach to Environmental Protection | The Office of His Holiness The Dalai Lama

That's like saying the armed forces should be the ones choosing if we should replace trident!

I see your point Richard although I'd have to suggest it's a fairly flawed simile.

Firstly,

I think the precept behind your simile is flawed (a) because it presupposes members of the AF might unilaterally support a replacement for Trident whereas it actually represents a colossal and enduring "threat" to terms & conditions of service and manning levels and (b) after 30 years service, and obvious daily exposure to AF personnel, I'm not at all sure I'd say the opinions of the relative merit, or otherwise, of Trident replacement is particularly different amongst AF personnel from that which might prevail in the general population.

And secondly, notwithstanding the potential flaws highlighted above,

It would be wholly inappropriate for serving members of the AF alone to decide if the nation should replace Trident, "inappropriate" in the same way it might be for users of a harmful and borderline prospective banned product to be engaged in the discussion around the continued use of said product.

😜

You sir imho are an idiot & should keep your 'advice' to yourself

I see your location is "Middle Earth"....pray tell, are you a Guardian reader by any chance, Inthewoods?

Idiot though I may be, I have done hours of research, both scientific and anecdotal on glyphosate when the issue reared its head in May - mainly because I was worried about my own health. Some (14) scientists in France were paid to produce evidence that glyphosate is a human carcinogen. The best they could do was "probable". Previous studies found no health danger.

I don't like the way big AG use herbicides and I try to eat organic - when it comes to grain based foods - as much as poss. But the reality is roundup, as used by granny, or granny's garden guy, is as safe as any other household chemical. Gloves, mask, no problem. Do your research - try the dry boring scientific papers, instead of Natural News. Is it good for the environment, no, its not, but a gravel yard is not a productive piece of ground anyway, and the amount of glyphosate used by homeowners is minuscule compared to AG.

If you want to entertain the conspiracy side of things - which I do - the agenda behind the control of gyphosate was simply pressure by chemical companies to push their new patented expensive products. The patent on glyphosate expired a few years ago and generic brands or mix-your-own would have really eaten into monsanto's bottom line. The fact that granny can still legally buy a litter bottle at huge expense should tell us something. The ticket thing is just another UE boondoggle. I can legally spray roundup for granny, so long as I don't accept payment for it - a load of bureaucratic foolishness....