Been asked why I'm tired

bigtreedon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I'm tired..??

Because previous employer*, had me flogged all day (HGV driving / plant hire co), when it came to loading the truck, you man handled the tools etc, and digger buckets (for machines up to 3 tons) on and off the truck.

NO forklift assistance 'allowed', just a little trolley.... :thumbdown:

Didn't do it for long (young and dumb, too afraid to leave - as he played with your head), but it's been enough to 'feel the effects' now...

Now just take it a bit easier, and if something needs lifting, get a machine to do it - regardless!!!!

*Employer, that's if you could call him that??

I'll not say on an open forum what I want to REALLY say! :bluboomteamenforcer

So, to summarize, the most tiring occupation is being civil to people when your instincts are to have a pop. This is particularly obvious with your in-laws, and crystallized perfectly when a.) you are beholden for a roof over your head and b.) Sunday morning ... would be off the cards if there were any ruffled feathers.

after nearly a lifetime of study, I have come to the conclusion that honest graft and sweat is almost enjoyable, it is hassle that turns it into a chore

Sheep shearing on the other hand looks virtually untouchable,

I've done a few jobs. Truck driving is physically easy. I'm in a few weeks stint of holiday relief work. After the 10 hours of mental alertness there is nothing left. It does get easy if you do it full time but I don't do it long enough to get adjusted.

Tree work is for the most part very satisfying. Though achy hard graft.

What I would find the hardest personally if being inside doing an office job. I would lose the will to live. I did ten years inside at school. Only just. Never did that go back and see what grades I got. I'd escaped why go back? They were coming in the post! My mind was nearly outside all the time. Building go karts, damming streams. Thinking of next contraption for our treehouse.

My point being what is hard for one is not for the other. Office work is definitely not physical. Yet would kill me.

I can use a chainsaw for 6-8 hours, an hour on a brush cutter my back is seized, arms dead ,neck like a bent over leylandii under tension. Yet slightly built men and women can use a brush cutter as though it's therapy for hours, go for lunch pick it up again smiling.

Horses for courses what is lacking is an appreciation for what everyone does. As demonstrated by the artificial dolly bird that says. "Could you just trim that little branch off over there" as you hang perilously over a greenhouse, cooking your nuts in your own sweat.

I see this all the time trucking. Bigger vehicles and trailers need room to manuvre, how many times do they have to see it and have nr death experiences???