Tripod ladders

Paulholness

I've just got some 8ft ones with three adjustable legs, so they extend to about 10ft. It's great for working on slopes and uneven ground. I got them from northern Arb and they were quite a bit cheaper than other makes, but still nice. I thing the make is work zone, something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just about the first bit of kit to be unloaded these days.

We were all cynical about them until a customer lent us a set while working in their very slanted garden.

Within 5 minutes we all agreed we needed a set. Bought within 2 days and hardly ever use the 'old' steps now. They are light and stable. Agree with all the other comments above.

The only down side is where you have long narrow access (like down the side of a big house) - thats when we have to use the old steps.

Got a set of 16ft ones (think it's 16). With adjustable lets and they are worth their weight in gold when it comes to any type of hedge work. I never even look at the ladders nowadays. Got mine from western garden machinery and were around the £350 mark if I remember correctly. They feel bloody sturdy and I have no problem with leaning over that little extra to get those annoying bits that would otherwise be out of reach.

I got a set of the 3 leg adjustable this year, think they came from Northern Arb supplies.

They get sent out direct from the importer Workware, the packaging is a let down - plastic bag!! :thumbdown:

Very sturdy when you're up them, a real godsend, but the alloy it's made out of seems quite flimsy, you defiantly don't want to lend these to anyone

The things only rated to 100kg aswell :confused1:

Thinking of buying a set of these ladders.Can any of you gents point me in the right direction.Cheers.

As all the above - they're brilliant - one of those things you will use almost every day once you've got them.

I have a 12' set and a 5' set; you'd be surprised what you can achieve with the small, easier to manhandle ones but the bigger ones are needed for hedges over, say, 9'.

I've bought from Browns and Northern Arb too as they were the cheapest I could find.

Oh, in case it needs saying go for the 3-leg adjustable; 1-leg adjustable are much cheaper but a false economy.