McGregor vs Diaz 2

born2trot

Theres always going to be those that thought the other guy win, diaz got dropped 3 or 4 times he was not in trouble but that scores heavy in the judges eyes.

This is a perfect example of why they say "never leave it in the hands of the judges" :001_smile:

Diaz needs to move camp he's still making a lot of errors but his durability,heart and engine get him through, go to Grieg Jacksons camp they will make a monster out of him, look at Cerone. :biggrin:

To poop the party, I've yet to understand this as a legit sport.

It has few rules, is brutal. Damages people and has had deaths on occasion.

If it happens in the streets it's regarded with disgust, gbh, arrests etc all out outrage in the media. Put it in a cage beat the day lights out of a guy even when he is helplessly pinned down. There is no other legal "sport" like it.

Baffles me. Mohammed ali had Parkinson's, going to be interesting what this lot end up like when their glory days are over.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

It does have rules, sure there's plenty of blood and broken bones, unlike in boxing where broken skin is unusual but brain injuries are the norm due to the enormous weight and power of the gloved punch. Similar story in American football too.

The fighters are willing participants, they know the risks. Some may see it as brutal however, these controlled bouts are nothing to the brutality the human race has exhibited over the last few hundred years.

Its our nature to fight and kill each other, strongest survives.

If people want to fight, let them. If people want to watch, let them.

If you dont like it, dont do or watch it.

We like to think we are more civilised and reasonable in this age but old Habits die hard.

Personally i wouldnt dream inflicting violence like this on someone unless id been drinking stella and they tried pinching my taxi home. :001_tongue:

Personally i wouldnt dream inflicting violence like this on someone unless id been drinking stella and they tried pinching my taxi home. :001_tongue:

My feelings are the same, far from being a wuss. I don't see the point in needless pain. Only time I would get physical is if saw someone getting an immoral pasting. Kicked in head etc. Or myself or someone with me being attacked then I'd only do the nessasary.

I share you sentiments mate.

I have been in a few scrapes in my time and i like to think i have learnt as i have got older.

Some of the worst fights i have been in have been sticking up for people i thought have been inocent or being picked on by some big bully.

Unfortunatley Its often not the situation it seems at first.

I have had first and second prizes, done the right thing and been in the wrong myself.

Alcohol doesnt usually help anything, now i stay as clear of trouble as i can unless it is my close family involved.

Id sooner face mcgregor in the cage than a pissed up mob on the street.

Ufc may seem unnecessarily violent but there is less risks involved than drinking on the town at weekends imo.

It has loads of rules and very few serious injuries and only two recorded deaths in all the years its been going 25+ years in its current guise a lot longer in other formats, considering cricket had 11 in one year that's pretty impressive, its remarkably safe the ref will stop the fight very quick much quicker than boxing, no one gets more than one or two hits on an opponent thats on the ground if they can't intelligently defend themselves.

Having fought in the cage, the ring and the street I'd pick a cage every time.

Its not for everyone though but a lot of comments regarding mma are out of a lack of understanding for the arts these athletes have to become proficient in and the years of dedication they put in.

I absolutely love it, an amazing sport to watch, practice and participate in :thumbup: