Fresh shipment of Sugihara bars now in.... Starting with Husky 536LiXP, 536LiXPT

Rob D

Have now taken delivery of the latest shipment of Sugi bars. Quite a few new 'uns!

There is now such a range that it is confusing to us let alone to everyone else. Hence instead of big newsletters and threads we will drip feed them.

Smallest first - we have the new Sugi bars that run 1/4 .043 chain. These will not run the Stihl 71PM3 (3670) chain. Sugi have started making their own chain but it is expensive and we are looking for other sources.

These are universal mount pro lam bars (first of their kind). They will go on any saw under 40cc.

Switching to the 1/4 .043 is the way forward for most small saws. As seen on the Echo 2510TES thread the cutting is faster, smoother and cleaner. It is so much better you can't even compare it to other chains!

Disadvantages - harder to sharpen, less sharpens per chain, easy to write off if you hit something like metal.

So do you have a 536LiXP or the 536LiXPT? For not a lot of money you can turn this into a 1/4 .043 set up. We have a few 1/4 spur sprockets in stock as we'll see how popular this set up is and how it works out on this saw.

First come get the 1/4 spur thrown in with their order. After that you'll have to buy it separately.

GROUP 0 Husqvarna chainsaws | Product Categories | Sugihara Guide Bars

:)

FullSizeRender.jpg.0ba91eca8e6a572454fa6eff322ff8d0.jpg

Shame about the chains. Very shortsighted of Sugi IMO.

Out of interest how much would they cost?

Would be nice to see an 8" option as well.

As in all things it comes down to politics - chains had already been sold and priced pre Brexit to other distributers hence price to us is high.

We will have to sell them at a very small margin ie.

10" chain £12+vat

12" chain £14+vat

14" chain £16+vat

The above is approx...

But we are going to look around for another 1/4 .043 chain that will run on these bars - the Stihl 1/4 .043 version won't.

Could get an 8" version in the future - but trouble is we take the risk - all these 1/4 .043 bars we have had to order in the 100s for them to be made...

Tbh Rob the price of chains doesn't sound extortionate, and if their bars are anything to go by will be great quality.

I'd definitely buy a couple of the 8" if they became available

Cheers Joe - they are not expensive to you as I think there is no point in us charging a large margin. But they are too much to us as a distributer hence will only be a stop gap until we find another option. At least then we can offer a cheaper alternative as in the end we will have to sell these chains for more than this.

Looking at the chain it does seem very well made.... trouble is Brexit has had an impact on the Yen as much as the $.... everything looks expensive to import at the moment :o

Cheers Joe - they are not expensive to you as I think there is no point in us charging a large margin. But they are too much to us as a distributer hence will only be a stop gap until we find another option. At least then we can offer a cheaper alternative as in the end we will have to sell these chains for more than this.

Looking at the chain it does seem very well made.... trouble is Brexit has had an impact on the Yen as much as the $.... everything looks expensive to import at the moment :o

How much would you have to charge to make it viable for you?

I ask because when it comes to a chain of that size I'd prefer to pay a bit more for quality than save a few quid on a Rotatec type option.

We'll look at an 8" option on the next order possibly..

Nice one

Do you have a 10 inch bar to suit the 160t E-saw?

The Sugi bar he's describing should fit Paul.

How much would you have to charge to make it viable for you?

I ask because when it comes to a chain of that size I'd prefer to pay a bit more for quality than save a few quid on a Rotatec type option.

Nice one

The Sugi bar he's describing should fit Paul.

Fair enough....

I looked at the Rototech chains and they seem expensive in 1/4 .043 compared to their other chains... have you tried one yet? They are not far off a Stihl chain in price.

I bought a couple of Rototech chains (3/8 lo pro .050) - they actually come nicely presented. Not tried them yet though and as you say on a small top handle you really want the best chain out there.

The issue is more that we have to supply dealers and give them a margin so in the end the Sugi chains would have to be around £18-00+vat for a 10" chain (at least) in order to make it viable to put out through our other dealers.

That would be fine if it was better quality - so to start with we will sell cheap and get some feedback first.

We'll also get some Chinese 1/4 .043 chain as well so at least there is another option.