Forst build quality

simonm

Afternoon Simon

Thanks for your call into our service department this morning regarding these issues. We will most certainly rectify these for you and will be going back up the line to establish how and why this happened as it is most certainly not standard procedure.

You can be assured your warranty is there to cover you, and you can also be assured that as a company we do not put our heads in the sand, we are constantly looking for ways to improve and develop the best machines for the industry.

Ultimately the Forst brand exists because of our passion to build the best performing machine for you; arborists and tree surgeons across Europe. The brand has come a hugely long way in a short space of time with many many happy users out there. We are the first to admit we have had some issues along the way, but what we will do however is sort them out.

Please all come and see us at the APF for a beer and find out about some of the innovations on the drawing board for the industry!

Thanks again to ALL of our customers out there - we love this industry!

To their credit they are collecting the machine to look into the issue, i have asked to loan a machine to which they are sending 1 up :thumbup1:

I am not moaning i am on here asking if anybody else has had the same issue, there is a difference, i am the first 1 to say how good the machine and redwoods backup have been before i noticed the bearing! if id of known i couldn't ask a question on a public forum i wouldn't have posted :thumbdown:

To their credit they are collecting the machine to look into the issue, i have asked to loan a machine to which they are sending 1 up :thumbup1:

I am not moaning i am on here asking if anybody else has had the same issue, there is a difference, i am the first 1 to say how good the machine and redwoods backup have been before i noticed the bearing! if id of known i couldn't ask a question on a public forum i wouldn't have posted :thumbdown:

You haven't done anything wrong by popping it on Arbtalk. Ditto to ignoring the whiners! :thumbup:

Awesome response from Forst customer service..... :thumbup: :thumbup:

cheers, steve

In response.

The original post was a bit more than an enquiry as to whether anyone else had noticed this issue.

It was a high octane moan about build quality before you had even talked to the manufacturer.

It wasn't right, and they are sorting it.

It's a bit like a client bitching on Facebook about some work you had done before giving you a chance to come back and fix it.

If they'd denied it or tried to weasel out of it in some way I would completely understand.

Anyway, happy ending.

In response.

The original post was a bit more than an enquiry as to whether anyone else had noticed this issue.

It was a high octane moan about build quality before you had even talked to the manufacturer.

It wasn't right, and they are sorting it.

It's a bit like a client bitching on Facebook about some work you had done before giving you a chance to come back and fix it.

If they'd denied it or tried to weasel out of it in some way I would completely understand.

Anyway, happy ending.

'Like' in a Facebook style...

For my part, I called Jason in service and support at G.M today about tuning the Quadchips revs.

Other stuff was discussed and balls are rolling.

Yup, I call the factory, not my dealer if I want a serious response.

I feel ashamed every time I let fly about my G.M machines on here.

G.M are totally pro-active and have been there for me every time.

Since 2010 never let me down, not once.

Issues are dealt with normally LONG before I feel the need to let out on the forum.

The dealer though...

Nice people but the aftersales culture here in France is null...

Ty