sub contractor day rate

rossmalone19

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this more nonsense?

You said in an earlier post that you wished you could get paid for commuting, now you're saying that you would charge extra for travel. Make your mind up.

Wanting and getting are two different things. But I can't be bothered with your antagonism, so that's the end of the debate for me.

And where did I say that it would?

How many SE climbers (or groundies) on here charge from when they get in their motor?

Obviously running your own jobs is different. Travel is factored into the quote.

I think your industry must be less saturated with competent operators than mine.

Fair play, you never did say that £80/day would work.

All I was trying to get across was that subbies are businessmen that need to run there business as a business.

I'll not get involved in this sort of thread again. Seems I piss people off by putting my side of things over.

Fair play, you never did say that £80/day would work.

All I was trying to get across was that subbies are businessmen that need to run there business as a business.

I'll not get involved in this sort of thread again. Seems I piss people off by putting my side of things over.

You've not pissed me off mate. I just reckon our industries are different.

I reckon a climber who charged travel time as a standard would have a lot of blank diary pages!

That's not to say that I'm against the idea.

Reckon all the business owners here would be mind.

A great deal depends on your personal circumstances.

If you've been around for a while and have some "wool on your back", no dependents, maybe a partner with a good job, you can drive a much harder bargain than a young guy, with a young family who is the sole breadwinner.

IMO.

If you've been around for a while and have some "wool on your back", no dependents, maybe a partner with a good job, you can drive a much harder bargain than a young guy, with a young family who is the sole breadwinner.

IMO.

I agree with all of this. Also as a subbie you HAVE to be reliable, some are rubbish.

Companies I work for don't need to keep ringing me, if I say I'll be there I'll be there. Infact I sub to one company and I haven't seen them for weeks on end, they send me the job cards I (read as Mrs Egg) prints them off and away I go, phone call at the end of the day to say all sorted, or xy and z needs looking at.

Another company have their pumps and spares delivered to my place, when they get a breakdown I load the van up at home and off I go.

Only by sharing individual perceptions and ideas of what might be considered fair & reasonable v unfair & unreasonable can we gain a broader exposure and understanding of what might be personally acceptable.

You've been a champion of what you perceive as fair and reasonable, I doff my cap to you and have much shared ground with the stance you've presented.

:thumbup1:

In hindsight, the OP might have been better taking an anonymous user name and avoiding exposing himself & his (probably ex) employer to the public scrutiny...?

:blushing:

IMO.

That's very true Dave.

Only by sharing individual perceptions and ideas of what might be considered fair & reasonable v unfair & unreasonable can we gain a broader exposure and understanding of what might be personally acceptable.

You've been a champion of what you perceive as fair and reasonable, I doff my cap to you and have much shared ground with the stance you've presented.

:thumbup1:

In hindsight, the OP might have been better taking an anonymous user name and avoiding exposing himself & his (probably ex) employer to the public scrutiny...?

:blushing:

Perhaps I come across as some sort of......

I can assure you I'm not. Wether I'm buying or selling I want both parties to be happy with the deal. Not much to ask for in my mind.

It seems some folk don't see it the same way, which is fair enough, just don't come and deal with me.

Now where's that T shirt.:biggrin:

Yes, I'd guess the op has shot himself in the foot with this one.

Edited by eggsarascal

Perhaps I come across as some sort of......

I can assure you I'm not. Wether I'm buying or selling I want both parties to be happy with the deal. Not much to ask for in my mind.

It seems some folk don't see it the same way, which is fair enough, just don't come and deal with me.

Now where's that T shirt.:biggrin:

Yes, I'd guess the op has shot himself in the foot with this one.

If shooting yourself in the foot was painful reality rather than cliche'd analogy he'd be hobbling around on 2 bloodied stumps by now.

I think that's unfortunate as he seems like a genuinely keen young guy, a good worker by all accounts (not at all common unfortunately) but in this case naive. If it's any consolation it illustrates that he isn't devious.