sub contractor day rate

rossmalone19

you can speak to any of the guys that work or have worked for me and if its my fault that they are working late then they get finished early or extra pay to compensate, So yet again for someone who only knows part story, Jimmy aint taking the piss.

Why decides and on what criteria???:confused1:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you say if that was the case, i.e. 11 + hours on a regular basis for a flat £80 per day but from what has been said by Ross and of course Jimmy that isn't always the case. Not always 11+ hours and according to Jimmy (who I have no reason to doubt anymore than I have reason to doubt Ross) extra hours are compensated for either in cash or knocking off early on subsequent days.

You appear to be making the assumption that Ross works more than 8 hours/day on a regular basis without getting any additional benefits. That may well be the case but equally it may be way off the mark.

Like I said at the outset I suspect that we don't know the whole story, only what the respective parties want us to know. All I'm saying is lets look at how £80/day actually compares with the oft mentioned NMW/NLW, on a 40 hour week it compares quite well IMO but of course as I've already said it can always be better and £90 a day would certainly be an improvement or an extra £10/hour if the work goes over the basic 8 hours.

That would apply in equal measure to employee as well as employer would it not?

We could argue until we are blue in the face fella. Ross said x-amount of hours £80, Jimmy says he pays overtime. Someone is telling tales.

It certainly would apply in equal measures. You want me on your job tomorrow I'll be there 15 minutes before you, I'll not leave until the job is done, or we've done all we can for that day. All I want in return is paying fairly, not a lot to ask for, is it?

We could argue until we are blue in the face fella. Ross said x-amount of hours £80, Jimmy says he pays overtime. Someone is telling tales.

It certainly would apply in equal measures. You want me on your job tomorrow I'll be there 15 minutes before you, I'll not leave until the job is done, or we've done all we can for that day. All I want in return is paying fairly, not a lot to ask for, is it?

Nope, a workman is worthy of his wages. I don't think we're actually arguing just looking at the picture from different sides?

To be clear I'm not actually intentionally taking sides, hope it doesn't come across that way, I just don't want to see someone get bad advice and then have unrealistic expectations or have someone who is playing fair get slated for being a bad employer.

They say there are 3 sides to every story, your side, my side and the right side.

Anyway, done to death already I think :thumbup1: