32" cedar ideal for caving essex £400

B&M Tree Care

Hi guys im fairly new to this but I know its cost me alot of money to move I understand the hours it woukd take to turn it into somthing amazing and also what it would be worth to sell to a customer carved would be alot higest offer takes it thanks Greg

Fair enough. Not trying to rip you down, but in all honesty it is the kind of log that I would near enough give away if it came into my yard. £25 a tonne at most. It's potential uses are so limited that there can be little market for it - it's far to ugly for firewood and milling which really only leaves carving. Even then, it's only suitable for someone with a specific project. It's not what you would describe as a blank canvas.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys im fairly new to this but I know its cost me alot of money to move I understand the hours it woukd take to turn it into somthing amazing and also what it would be worth to sell to a customer carved would be alot higest offer takes it thanks Greg

These logs are really firewood value - the bonus for you is you don't have to cut it split it and dry it.

Is it just for this one piece? Realistically you're looking at £50-00 tops but that is just my opinion.

Hi buddy understand that every1 want to buy it for firewood prices but this is a 1.2 ton lump of cedar i will take £200 for it and the 6ft lenght next to it if i could calve i would do it myself and could probly sell it for at least a £1000 it cost me £800 to move all the cedar i have so i think im being fair

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

a famous painter asked how much it cost to do a painting...

for the canvas, a few pennies, for my experience and skill, many thousands..

To whit, the lumps not worth nothin, a carvers skill on the other hand...

Not to mention, I'm sure you've bin paid for the job, how much more do you wanna wring out of it?...