Lombardy Fell Incident

scotspine1

Not a chance in hell mate,get in the van and drive away?

How long have you been in the industry?

I can count on one finger the amount of jobs thats 99.9% safe.

Our industry,by nature is dangerous,have you written a risk assesment for any of your jobs ..the risks are endless.

Add on to that pressure from your boss to get the job done in the allocated time,the guys around you who depend on you to provide them with work to pay the bills and provide for there families.

I agree safety is paramount but to say dont do the job unless its 99.9% risk free is frankly unachievable unless your using a bow saw to take down a 3 foot apple tree....yourself....in a field....with no one around...perfectly flat ground...perfect weather...oh yeah and you live in lala land.

Long enough to know when something is wrong. My comment states that the "working method" is 99.9% safe you donut. Can you name 5 things in the video that you wouldnt change about that incident? Ill start you off with they appeared to have ppe on. As far as your RAMS issue, i think writing it for that job done that way would of gotten me sacked. Job desription :- pull a tree with an untensioned line into a field with live roads and pavements with heavy foot traffic. Followed by "slips trips and falls (tick!)

We all know our industry is inherintley dangerous, but that is why we are trained proffesionals who control as many as possible. Yes things go wrong, but safe methods of work ensure as far as possible everones safety as far as possible. Being "under pressure" does not give you the excuse of being reckless. Ever.

Now back to lala land with your bowsaw for you :001_smile:

Not to mention PUWER regs, In essence its an assisted fell .I think a court would take some convincing that anyone had received adequate training in assisted felling with a truck.

I had a dispute a few years back because I wasn't happy about the legalities of pushing trees over with a digger. Technically under PUWER its not legal and would give you problems in a courtroom. A digger was designed for digging.

Ridiculous.

All singing all dancing more tickets than a ticket-shop outfit.

Can't even fell or judge how to pull a tree like that.

I make no apology whatsoever for these comments.

FISA mentality / mockery of inexperience.

Everything about that procedure was STUPID.

" ******** tree experts" !!!

There's a good chance we'll lose the thread if it goes pear shaped and that would be a real pity.

Like the guy that tipped his trailer over and shared the experience, good man for sharing, it served as a timely reminder about how things can go wrong.

👍🏻

Long enough to know when something is wrong. My comment states that the "working method" is 99.9% safe you donut. Can you name 5 things in the video that you wouldnt change about that incident? Ill start you off with they appeared to have ppe on. As far as your RAMS issue, i think writing it for that job done that way would of gotten me sacked. Job desription :- pull a tree with an untensioned line into a field with live roads and pavements with heavy foot traffic. Followed by "slips trips and falls (tick!)

We all know our industry is inherintley dangerous, but that is why we are trained proffesionals who control as many as possible. Yes things go wrong, but safe methods of work ensure as far as possible everones safety as far as possible. Being "under pressure" does not give you the excuse of being reckless. Ever.

By the way doughnut not donut...

We have different opinions no need to get childish and start name calling...

Whats next my dads bigger than your dad..

Im back off to lala land now...i mean reality you jam sponge :sneaky2:

Correct, and even though someone may have written RAMS for it to be done that way the man doing the job has the right to question it. In a situation like this surely once you put the saw in the tree you are taking liability on your own shoulders, in any assisted pull the man with the saw has control over the situation.

Not to mention PUWER regs, In essence its an assisted fell .I think a court would take some convincing that anyone had received adequate training in assisted felling with a truck.

I had a dispute a few years back because I wasn't happy about the legalities of pushing trees over with a digger. Technically under PUWER its not legal and would give you problems in a courtroom. A digger was designed for digging.

PUWER wont make pulling a tree over with a vehicle illegal because it is a regulation rather than a law nor will it preclude the use of a vehicle for pulling, if it did we would all be leaving our chippers at home.

Diggers were designed for excavation but where do you draw the line? Loading 8 wheelers isn't digging but many diggers do little else, demolition, pecker, shear grab, tree felling, timber handling, none of the above is digging.

By the way doughnut not donut...

We have different opinions no need to get childish and start name calling...

Whats next my dads bigger than your dad..

Im back off to lala land now...i mean reality you jam sponge :sneaky2:

The irony is strong with this one.

If we can perhaps keep it civil we might stand a snowballs chance of running an interesting thread.

Playground bickering is gonna sent it in the other direction.

The irony is strong with this one.

If we can perhaps keep it civil we might stand a snowballs chance of running an interesting thread.

Playground bickering is gonna sent it in the other direction.

Opinions are divided,passions are running high...

It will decend into confectionary name calling...