Lombardy Fell Incident

scotspine1

Or the longer your in the game the more your prone to lapses in consentration cause its what you do every day.

I like to call it a brainfart

Im sorry I cant agree, working at that proximity to public, cars live roads/footpaths, a brainfart is completley unexcuseable. Public safety, both personal and property as well as staff involved has to be paramount. Mistakes cannot be risked or taken. If working method is not 99.9% safe excusing acts of God freak events then get back in the van and walk away.

No a brainfart is putting bar oil in the fuel tank.

No that's a I'm still drunk from last night & my head is booming kind of brain fart :(

Only done it once. Nearly? Quite a few (see above!)

Going to watch the video now to see what all the fuss is about...

Im sorry I cant agree, working at that proximity to public, cars live roads/footpaths, a brainfart is completley unexcuseable. Public safety, both personal and property as well as staff involved has to be paramount. Mistakes cannot be risked or taken. If working method is not 99.9% safe excusing acts of God freak events then get back in the van and walk away.

Not a chance in hell mate,get in the van and drive away?

How long have you been in the industry?

I can count on one finger the amount of jobs thats 99.9% safe.

Our industry,by nature is dangerous,have you written a risk assesment for any of your jobs ..the risks are endless.

Add on to that pressure from your boss to get the job done in the allocated time,the guys around you who depend on you to provide them with work to pay the bills and provide for there families.

I agree safety is paramount but to say dont do the job unless its 99.9% risk free is frankly unachievable unless your using a bow saw to take down a 3 foot apple tree....yourself....in a field....with no one around...perfectly flat ground...perfect weather...oh yeah and you live in lala land.

Edited by stihlmadasever

Not a chance in hell mate,get in the van and drive away?

How long have you been in the industry?

I can count on one finger the amount of jobs thats 99.9% safe.

Our industry,by nature is dangerous,have you written a risk assesment for any of your jobs ..the risks are endless.

Add on to that pressure from your boss to get the job done in the allocated time,the guys around you who depend on you to provide them with work to pay the bills and provide for there families.

I agree safety is paramount but to say dont do the job unless its 99.9% risk free is frankly unachievable unless your using a bow saw to take down a 3 foot apple tree....yourself....in a field....with no one around...perfectly flat ground...perfect weather...oh yeah and you live in lala land.

Are you promoting the OPs video as good/average practice?

... Oh dear, hahaha sorry hard not to laugh (nobody got hurt so all good) straight into the chipper & away ya go boys!

Think I recognise the logo / setup so probably best not mention it, probably why it was deleted before?!.

Think the point being tried to make was we've all had a tree not go exactly or anywhere near where we wanted it go, you don't know just how decayed it is until you cut through it but with the lack of safety control in that location & setting it's inexcusable. It's as funny as it is shocking.

I can see why someone would want the video deleted - ridiculous scenario. You see how close the tree lands to the old fella on the pavement. Why would you ever fell something with anyone within a a tree length in any direction?

I would have thought this would have or should be looked at by the HSE. Very serious near miss.

Edited by richy_B