Medium to powerful saws

Shaven Ape

If I was climbing and wanted saws to cover all bases 201 with a 12" -461 or 441 on 20-25" and maybe if I had a good year and had to spend some money a 661 or 66 with a 36"

The 461 handles a 25" no bother though and would fill all the gaps if just one saw was needed.

Personally I would chose the 576xp on a 24" though :)

I was using a 576XP Autotune for a few days a while back, started on 24" and ended up using a 28" off their broken 490??/390??? as the 24" chain was scrap. Great saw, easy starter, light (relatively), cut like a dream. Would definitely have taken that one home :thumbup:

Edited by R Mac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely not a stihl man I own one a 150tc because it is the best lightweight small petrol powered saw I have been a contract climber for 12 years now i travel all over the country and Europe I run a 540t 562xp 390xp 3120xp in my opinion as a true suby u can't do ya job with just to saws! all my saws other that the 562 and the 3120 are modified i think u want the best fastest cutting saw for the task in hand so many companies I go to are using manky stihls that have no power or speed they just buy them cos thats what they used when they were learning or the dealer is the closest i say don't be sheep and follow break the norm go orange and u will never look back 😉

Sent from my D2303 using Arbtalk mobile app

I am definitely not a stihl man I own one a 150tc because it is the best lightweight small petrol powered saw I have been a contract climber for 12 years now i travel all over the country and Europe I run a 540t 562xp 390xp 3120xp in my opinion as a true suby u can't do ya job with just to saws! all my saws other that the 562 and the 3120 are modified i think u want the best fastest cutting saw for the task in hand so many companies I go to are using manky stihls that have no power or speed they just buy them cos thats what they used when they were learning or the dealer is the closest i say don't be sheep and follow break the norm go orange and u will never look back

Chainsaws aside, how come you get to travel around the UK and Europe as a climber? How do you get the work in Europe and whereabouts do you go?

Sounds like a good gig, I'm far too old and settled for that of course, just curious.

I am definitely not a stihl man I own one a 150tc because it is the best lightweight small petrol powered saw I have been a contract climber for 12 years now i travel all over the country and Europe I run a 540t 562xp 390xp 3120xp in my opinion as a true suby u can't do ya job with just to saws! all my saws other that the 562 and the 3120 are modified i think u want the best fastest cutting saw for the task in hand so many companies I go to are using manky stihls that have no power or speed they just buy them cos thats what they used when they were learning or the dealer is the closest i say don't be sheep and follow break the norm go orange and u will never look back [emoji6]

This is true. I'm just a pretend stubby :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Never said any one was pretending but to deal with anything that's put infront of u with no prior viewing of tree or planning and always expecting the two saws u take will deal with the task or expecting a company to provide a sharp powerful appropriate bar length saw to me doesn't maybe I don't no what I'm on about but I do like to get the job done in a timely fashion not sharpen people's saws or have to say why is this running like ****! 😉