Chilling ( Chinese Milling )

Lazurus

I must have used pretty much every chain going over the last 5 years of milling. The lo pro Stihl PMX is by far the best I've come across. It cuts incredibly fast with not much effort and gives a very smooth finish. The ripping version seems to clear the cut better and is easier to push through but there's not a huge amount of difference between that and the crosscut version.

I must have used pretty much every chain going over the last 5 years of milling. The lo pro Stihl PMX is by far the best I've come across. It cuts incredibly fast with not much effort and gives a very smooth finish. The ripping version seems to clear the cut better and is easier to push through but there's not a huge amount of difference between that and the crosscut version.

Yep I think if your saw is 95cc and below then the PMX/lo pro route is the best one to take in terms of speed and efficiency.

• 2 weeks later...
Rob, do you mean the bar mount? It must be an industry standard as I have the Oregon bar as shown on one of the first pics in this thread.

As I am only running a 20" bar I don't think the stress on the mill is too much, but on a bigger saw / bar I think the frame would be well tested. I have just switched to a Granberg ripping chain and the finish is not as good as I was hoping, perhaps its technique but I was getting a very smooth board with the Original Oregon cross cut chain.

Chances are that yours will be the same as my 58 cc Chinese saw. Most look very similar so presumably they copied the same saw. Mine is a straight swop with the bar and chain off my 450e so a husky small mount?