Distel gecko spikes

Marksquirrell

Bloody good spikes and comfy. I have the carbon fibre ones with leather straps, but used the ally ones as well, both really comfy. Not sure about the Velcro feet straps as I haven't used them but heard they work loose after time. I have spent all day chogging poles down in the past on these and barely felt it. I wouldn't go back to using anything else now.

I've got the aluminium ones with Velcro top strap and leather bottom one. Can't comment on the Velcro bottom straps as I haven't used them but personally I prefer the top Velcro over leather as I find them more comfortable. I would happily buy another set no complaints from me about the spikes

• 3 years later...

I agree that the Distel aluminium spikes are lovely to wear. However mine have the longer euro spikes and I’ve bought some of the shorter ones that I’m hoping with bring my foot closer to the stem. How do you get the bolts out to change them over though? Nothing I’m using is shifting the original factory installed bolts. Are they heated when installed or is there a glue that is used to stop them loosening? If so how do I get the old spikes off and replace with the smaller ones? Thanks. Paul. 

1 minute ago, BCP Tree Surgery said:

I agree that the Distel aluminium spikes are lovely to wear. However mine have the longer euro spikes and I’ve bought some of the shorter ones that I’m hoping with bring my foot closer to the stem. How do you get the bolts out to change them over though? Nothing I’m using is shifting the original factory installed bolts. Are they heated when installed or is there a glue that is used to stop them loosening? If so how do I get the old spikes off and replace with the smaller ones? Thanks. Paul. 

I remember having that problem, they did come loose eventually but took some doing. have you tried sticking a long bar on the allen key?

Those euro spikes are horrendous, you'll be pleased once you have the new spikes on

• Like 1