• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see someone taking an interest in what kit us girls need....

One issue for me is getting gloves that fit - both for climbing and chainsaw. Women have longer fingers and thumbs relative to the length of the palm, so the fingers on gloves are generally too short. For climbing I use Showa rubber dipped gloves with the finger tips cut off, which works fine. As for chainsaw gloves, I haven't found a pair that are anywhere near small enough for me.

For the rest of my climbing kit and PPE its a case of just trying on as many options as possible and picking the best fit - same as for guys I guess...

For me Airstreams, Stein Krieger arborist type Cs, Treemotion super light harness, Kask plasma helemet (although this is a bit on the big side - will try Petzl next time).....

not so much arb but gardening, though I dare say tree choppin might be included..

In butty shop for sandwich, talking to proprietor, Oh my partner does gardening.

Oh yea, hows work then..

Does alright, overloaded with work..

Oh I says, I try not to do to much myself, just enough to get buy and a bit extra..

Does he do any tree work I says, No she says, thats to says Yes, but No, in that "he's" a she..

I'm a bit bamboozled till it dawns on me she and her partner are a single sex couple...

I had a chat with the both of them a couple of weeks later, I recon that girl does more in a day than I manage in a week LOL...

not so much arb but gardening, though I dare say tree choppin might be included..

In butty shop for sandwich, talking to proprietor, Oh my partner does gardening.

Oh yea, hows work then..

Does alright, overloaded with work..

Oh I says, I try not to do to much myself, just enough to get buy and a bit extra..

Does he do any tree work I says, No she says, thats to says Yes, but No, in that "he's" a she..

I'm a bit bamboozled till it dawns on me she and her partner are a single sex couple...

I had a chat with the both of them a couple of weeks later, I recon that girl does more in a day than I manage in a week LOL...

What five Vespian days to one lesbian day:confused1: Is she a bit of a unit?

Bob

Edited by aspenarb