• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, most women that so this job are shaped like men ie: narrow hips, therefore they fit our gear perfectly.

It would be very expensive for manufacturers to produce low volume production runs of trousers for women with hips or raincoats to suit a woman's shape.

However, I know two women who work in Arb and would benefit from more suitable clothing.

Edit: they wear Stein chainsaw trousers and have found them most suitable at accommodating their shape.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

I do remember seeing more females at the arb show this year, 1 in particular was sporting a rather well fitting pair after hiflex which seemed to suit her shape very nicely. 😍(apologies if it's your Mrs but well done)

When my wife worked more on the tools with me the best fit at the time we found was the old knee flex but the only boots we could get small enough were the old brown tractor tread Sthil boots, horrid heavy things but last forever.

Got a young lass near us starting a arb course soon and has already asked if she can do some of the work placements with us which I think is fantastic as she could easily show up a lot of young lads I've worked with with her attitude towards work, safety and generally getting on with things.

http://www.dryadarb.co.uk

Hi Will,

Thank you for your comments. I have made a note of them. Which harness does she find the most comfortable? Every women is different, and because we often have larger hips it makes a huge difference if the harness isn't right. It would be great to have a few we could recommend for women.

The Breath flex chainsaw trousers have been the ones we recommend to women for a while. It is good to hear this fits with Sam's experience.

As for the chest harnesses, I have heard this complaint before. I don't think there are any available for women (hopefully I am wrong). There isn't much of a market for chest harnesses in general in the UK.

I agree it would be expensive, but also a good investment as there isn't currently female specific items. It is a growing niche, which will be very profitable. It isn't a case of 'if', it is a case of 'when' (in my opinion). For us at Northern Arb it is about helping our female customers as much as we can right now.

Suppliers do acknowledge the growing demand so it is very much worth letting them know what women would like.

Thanks for the heads up on the Stein chainsaw trousers. Is there are particular one or do they all fit about the same?