need help with buying landrover

Czlowiek Drzewo

After months of looking for right truck or van ect to get for tree work i have broke iot down into 3.

1 / Canter - 23,000 kahuna's ( ouch ) 150bhp 3.0L

2 / New Iveco Daily - around 18,000 ? also a 3.0L and 150 bhp. lighter than Canter.

3 / Landrover and tiimberwolf tw150. budget 15,000 for both..but would like to get one for cheaper than that.

Need advice on landrovers though? and if anyone has one for sale thats great.

Looking for one with chipbox on back and roof rack. also somewhere to store tools and winch.

Cheers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not an ideal truck for tree work.

Not an engine geek myself but I just got a 2002 130 defender and had it conveted to a tipper. Came too around 12 and 1/2k all in, not much change for a tw150. I tend to use my 125ph behind the landy due to smaller chip box and the 125 is nice to tow off road.

Canters are good solid trucks. everyone has said before about theit economy and the weight problems.

Your gonna get varying opinions depending on other peoples experiences. You either got to decide for your self what suits you or do more work and get both.

if you go down the landy route then a late 300 tdi (up to 1998) will be you best bet , not that thers any thing wrong with the later td5 but if something does go wrong you need a computer to fix it and its triple the price , also spend some time looking as there are so many on the market and alot of modified ones (not necceseraly in a good way ) so if you got any landy geeky freinds take them along , !

From my personal experience of owning landrovers for the last 12 years id stick with a 300 tdi , ive just sold my 2003 td5 and found myself a 110 hi cap m reg with only 70, 000 on the clock wich if well looked after will happily see the good side of 250,000 , i paid 4 grand for it and having a tipper put on it for around 1700 :thumbup: its always worth waying up the costs of converting something yourself as that way you can find a landy that hasnt been abused already and start fresh with one thats just been started at weekends to take the dogs for a walk:001_smile:

also they hold there value so well its as good as money in the bank ! good luck