Bars for forestry

steve collins

I was thinking this a popualar route to go down - although it was .325 .063 - so we got a fair few of the Husky bars in .325 .063 so that then you would only be running one chain - but very very few takers (and even then 40% of those had bought the .063 version by accident! :001_huh:

Not sure now can face ordering in the 3/8 .063 for Husky (in the smaller K095 mount)!

I don't mind the bars being 325 63 I will be after a couple of longer ones around the 20/24" that would make things easier

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I know what you mean, oregon always seem best for money and wear. Cant justify the expense of a sugi as can get 2 oregons for £10 more of one sugi!!

Argh, but if the Sugi, Tsumura, Cannon, or Total bar lasts 2 & a bit times as long or longer which it probably will do unless it gets bent, you are paying out more on Oregons. We run Sugi's in a commercial logging set up, as they are " the best bang for our buck" We have tried all 4 & they are more or less identical in terms of usage but Total & Cannon are for us hard to source, & we get Sugi's at a better price than Tsumura, so hence the use of them, we would use whichever we could source the easiest at the best to us price.

As the man says we use them in a commercial set up, Sugi , Tsumura, or Total which ever you can obtain at the best price we used Tsumura & Sugi both the same as regards wear etc.but could source Sugi's cheaper Total has no supply in our area with a competitive price.

Total bars are "rebranded" Tsumura bars, when the topic is high end RSN bars.

Chainsawbars website advertises Canon bars but out of stock.

I've never had one but like the fact that they're durable.

Are they also heavier than Oregon and Sugihara bars?

Thanks.

The answer to the weight question depends on the exact model from each brand - far from all Cannon bars are particularly heavy.

As I see it, the Chinese noses used on most Cannon bars are a major disadvantage - and they look crappy. I don't really understand why they can do a thing like that, nobody buys Cannon bars because they are cheap anyway (they aren't, even with those noses)...:001_rolleyes:

Edited by SawTroll

Chainsawbars website advertises Canon bars but out of stock.

I've never had one but like the fact that they're durable.

Are they also heavier than Oregon and Sugihara bars?

Thanks.

I used to run a fair few Cannon bars and they are not as durable as the Sugi bars in that they needed regular dressing. I didn't find them as stiff either...

But they are still good bars... I'm not sure there is a best of the best guide bar - same as chain and same as chainsaws - there are better bars for certain situations and for certain people!

I used to run a fair few Cannon bars and they are not as durable as the Sugi bars in that they needed regular dressing. I didn't find them as stiff either...

But they are still good bars... I'm not sure there is a best of the best guide bar - same as chain and same as chainsaws - there are better bars for certain situations and for certain people!

Thanks Rob

Therefore you'll be receiving my next order in the near future.

Al